ADBF Business Car/CV Caboose vandalized

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.

kd_1014
Mike

Re: ADBF Business Car/CV Caboose vandalized

Unread post by kd_1014 »

Haven’t these cars been vandalized before?

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

Based on the damage they did, I'm going to guess they've had prior practice vandalizing other people's property.

GTW Dude
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTW Dude »

This isn’t the first time it’s been vandalized either IIRC when ABDF was first sold the car was being transferred over NS or CN and got hit. Kids look for passenger cars specifically because they pop out among the regular railroad landscape of freight cars. The Bluewater NRHS had problems with vandals especially when the two privately owned CN Ice Flyers were being sent to Saskatchewan after being purchased by Gary Southgate. Sadly, they got pretty beat up. Same thing with the Michigan transit Museum with equipment in our yard.

rail_watcher
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rail_watcher »

I noticed the article states that they will be moved back to Blissfield for repairs. I wonder if they will remain in Blissfield after the repairs are completed to prevent further vandalism? Blissfield’s yard is pretty open to plain sight in most directions with a pretty good police presence around it. This also leads me to my next question. Does ADBF no longer have their own railroad police department/officer?