Holland Museum to hold PM Caboose Dedication, June 18

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
fmilhaupt
Railroadfan...fan

Holland Museum to hold PM Caboose Dedication, June 18

Unread post by fmilhaupt »

The Holland Museum will hold a dedication ceremony for newly-restored Pere Marquette caboose #A967 on Saturday, June 18 at 10:00am at the Padnos Transportation Center in Holland.

https://hollandmuseum.org/event/pere-ma ... 2022-06-18
-Fritz Milhaupt

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: Holland Museum to hold PM Caboose Dedication, June 18

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Unfortunately, I will be out of town on dedication day. But I was pleased to support the restoration effort! And especially pleased to see that it was more than just a couple of (well applied) cans of paint. New interpretive signage (complete with historical photos....and bilingual!), paint for the semaphore, the lettering, and other landscaping site improvements truly make this a top notch, comprehensive project. Now, if only more than one passenger train arrived in Holland every day, so more people would see and appreciate this....

Job well done!
IMG_8181.jpg

JBaxter
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JBaxter »

GP30M4216 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:43 pm
Unfortunately, I will be out of town on dedication day. But I was pleased to support the restoration effort! And especially pleased to see that it was more than just a couple of (well applied) cans of paint. New interpretive signage (complete with historical photos....and bilingual!), paint for the semaphore, the lettering, and other landscaping site improvements truly make this a top notch, comprehensive project. Now, if only more than one passenger train arrived in Holland every day, so more people would see and appreciate this....

Job well done!

IMG_8181.jpg
*Pipe dream* a commuter train from Grand Rapids to Holland (maybe up to Grand Haven and Muskegon) like Metra in Chicago would be cool. Even if it only ran in the summer

GRHC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GRHC »

JBaxter wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:02 am
GP30M4216 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:43 pm

Job well done!

IMG_8181.jpg
*Pipe dream* a commuter train from Grand Rapids to Holland (maybe up to Grand Haven and Muskegon) like Metra in Chicago would be cool. Even if it only ran in the summer
Lol that was actually discussed a few years ago and they decided to go with a bus if it were to happen. 🤬 bus

And yes they did a beautiful job on the restoration. The only negative part is it has to sit there forever and you’ll never see it on the end of a freight train.