GLC derailment at Oak Grove crossing

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Gary
Railroadfan...fan

GLC derailment at Oak Grove crossing

Unread post by Gary »

Just found out today about a derailment that happened Monday or Tuesday this week. This would be just south of Oak Grove RD. Anyone have any details? A siding begins there and runs south. I heard that they had to pump out some tank cars to right them.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: GLC derailment at Oak Grove crossing

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Looks like this is Oak Grove Rd in the area of Oak Grove north of Howell? Looks like a siding starts just south of that crossing. GLC is a pretty long railroad.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

trainerd
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainerd »

i don't know about a derailment, but I did see septic haulers with hoses running across the tracks to 1 or 2 hopper cars every day for most of the week. I figured that somebody left a top hatch open and water got inside.
Because of that work, GLC ran at least one long train, 115 cars in the mid-afternoon.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

That siding does indeed start just south of the Oak Grove road crossing, and was used mostly for storage. I had a small farm off of Oak Grove road, years ago, when it was TSBY. I could see the old TSBY Alcos every afternoon heading up through Cohoctah with short trains, from the back of my property.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".