Car/Train Accident in Milford

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
R Bedell
Railroadfan...fan

Car/Train Accident in Milford

Unread post by R Bedell »

Car/Train Accident in Milford, with Lake States and single passenger car, resulting in a fatality.

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/2022/02 ... n-collide/

J T
Hates Supper

Re: Car/Train Accident in Milford

Unread post by J T »

Cliffs Notes please for those of us who don't have a subscription with the Oakland Press.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

What browser are you using that you can't read the article? Works fine over here, but here's the entire cliff notes:
A 64-year-old Milford Township woman was killed Wednesday morning after a train collided with her vehicle at a railroad crossing in the Village of Milford.

A news release issued by Milford Police Chief Tom Lindberg states that the crash happened at around 11:30 a.m. at the railroad crossing on Old Plank Road, which is just inside the village limits.

As stated in the news release, a preliminary investigation indicates the vehicle was traveling northbound on Old Plank Road and failed to stop for the train, which was heading southeast. Personnel from the Milford Fire Department responded to the scene and attempted lifesaving measures before the woman was transported to Ascension Providence Hospital in Novi where she was pronounced dead.

There is no indication that the crossing signals malfunctioned or weren’t working properly, the news release states.

There were no other occupants in the car.

The accident is under investigation by Milford police and the Michigan State Police accident reconstruction unit.

“We ask travelers of the Milford community to have patience as this train is currently blocking all crossings throughout our community,” Lindberg stated in the news release. “Temporary detours are in place and all businesses will remain open and accessible to residents and guests.”

The Milford Police Department reminds drivers to use extreme caution at all railroad crossings.

Anyone that may have been in the area or witnessed the accident is asked to call the Milford Police Department at (248) 684-1815.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

~Z~ wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:21 am
What browser are you using that you can't read the article? Works fine over here
Firefox on a PC at work. I'd probably be able to get by the pop-up subscription window if I were on my macbook pro at home. Thanks.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.