ADBF/JAIL Changes Made Under New Ownership

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: ADBF/JAIL Changes Made Under New Ownership

Unread post by AARR »

I think Eaton Farm Bureau bought them a year ago or so
LansingRailFan wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:45 pm
Steve B wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:10 pm
LansingRailFan wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:51 am

- Mason elevator downtown has been sold and will be dismantled. A farmer bought it and is moving it to his property.
What part of it is the farmer moving? I can't believe all the structures will be moved to one guy's farm.
I was down there sometime in the last month. I asked one of the guys working there if they were gonna be shipping or by rail and that’s when he told me it had been sold. Maybe they will keep the feed store open? Idk
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

Does anyone have any photos of the new paint job?
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

David Collins wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:16 am
NO

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

LansingRailFan wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:45 pm
Steve B wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:10 pm
LansingRailFan wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:51 am

- Mason elevator downtown has been sold and will be dismantled. A farmer bought it and is moving it to his property.
What part of it is the farmer moving? I can't believe all the structures will be moved to one guy's farm.
I was down there sometime in the last month. I asked one of the guys working there if they were gonna be shipping or by rail and that’s when he told me it had been sold. Maybe they will keep the feed store open? Idk
If I had to guess any aluminum silos and loading/unloading equipment associated with the building would go, then just demo the rest and sell the land.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

JBaxter
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JBaxter »

LansingRailFan wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:49 pm
David Collins wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:16 am
NO
Darn, I'll keep checking back here till someone post a picture of it I guess :lol:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Said this content is not available right now
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

1TrackMind
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 1TrackMind »

Must not be part of the group. 6410 is in the shop at mason.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

1TrackMind wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:31 am
Must not be part of the group. 6410 is in the shop at mason.
821 is fully primered as of yesterday too.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Does anyone have any insight on when they serve Lansing these days? the updates thread seems to have them all over the place as of late getting into or out of Lansing. Thanks!
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Ypsi wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:28 pm
Does anyone have any insight on when they serve Lansing these days? the updates thread seems to have them all over the place as of late getting into or out of Lansing. Thanks!
I do what I can man but I work from home and travel some days.

It’s totally hit or miss on when they come north during the day anymore. Usually it’s about three days a week. Fridays tend to be day run. They usually run Monday during the day and one other day during the week. They’ll also come north once or twice during the week now too. It really all depends on when CSX and CN interchange with them.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

LansingRailFan wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:07 pm
[quote=Ypsi post_id=488424 time=<a href="tel:1649456885">1649456885</a> user_id=1130]

It’s totally hit or miss on when they come north during the day anymore. Usually it’s about three days a week. Fridays tend to be day run. They usually run Monday during the day and one other day during the week. They’ll also come north once or twice during the week now too. It really all depends on when CSX and CN interchange with them.
[/quote]

Is there a general time frame for mondays? I’m trying to see them in Lansing before the new units are out, and Monday might be my best bet. I’m assuming they come up from Mason as needed, obviously a crap shoot as you stated but I’m willing to try
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Ypsi wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:40 am
LansingRailFan wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:07 pm
[quote=Ypsi post_id=488424 time=<a href="tel:1649456885">1649456885</a> user_id=1130]

Is there a general time frame for mondays? I’m trying to see them in Lansing before the new units are out, and Monday might be my best bet. I’m assuming they come up from Mason as needed, obviously a crap shoot as you stated but I’m willing to try
[/quote]

There's a general time for their NB runs. Crews are on at 07:00 in Mason. They may have to switch Michigan Packaging/Greif, and/or RSDC in Holt before heading north to Lansing. They generally time their arrival at CP Cedar right before WB Amtrak P365 departs East Lansing. Sometimes they will get stuck by Desk 8 if there's another CN train following Amtrak.

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

With the rumors of a new red and black paint scheme for the ADBF/JAIL is this DLCX SW900 headed for them?
dlcx143.JPG
Photo by Matt Petersen, 3/12/2022, Minneapolis, MN

rail_watcher
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rail_watcher »

With both new to JAIL locomotives on the property and prepping for service, has there been any more insight on which of the three (or all of them) GP9's are going back down to ADBF? Any ideas when they might be sent back?

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

It would seem to me that keeping spare power on JAIL would be of more use than storing them on ADBF.
Assuming that they don't remove some of them from service.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

ADBF 810 is almost done being painted. It should be finished by Monday or Tuesday next week.

The GP40 will be next.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

rail_watcher wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:53 pm
With both new to JAIL locomotives on the property and prepping for service, has there been any more insight on which of the three (or all of them) GP9's are going back down to ADBF? Any ideas when they might be sent back?
Supposedly 1 or 2 GP9s will be kept on the JAIL as extra/back up power. I would guess they will send a GP9 to Lapeer to replace the GE switcher they have there. Sounds like all of the GE switchers will be going bye bye.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Depending where it is parked there may be great picture opportunities from public areas
SD80MAC wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:12 am
. I would guess they will send a GP9 to Lapeer to replace the GE switcher they have there.

GrandTrunkFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GrandTrunkFan »

Couple updates I didn't see listed:

The demo work on the downtown Mason elevator is almost complete. There is another elevator facility in Mason north of downtown adjacent to the tracks but I don't think it was ever rail served and that one is still standing. Also Eaton Farm Bureau has been bought up by Caledonia Farmers Elevator Co and signage has been changed at the feed store in Mason, along with the elevators in Leslie and Charlotte at the end of the CHS. Caledonia Farmers Elevator used to be pretty rail friendly on the CSX in Lake Odessa but haven't seen if they've gotten any cars at all the last decade since I moved to the Jackson area. Maybe the new owners can woo them back....

Someone mentioned Kent Feeds in Mason south of town. The spur has been completely torn up for a couple years. I heard at one point they are very anti rail but don't know the story

Also noticed last night, the old Conrail tool storage boxcar at the south end of Saginaw yard was gone. Not sure if it was moved or scrapped.
Nick