Former Amtrak Box Cars on The Adrian & Blissfield RR

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
rail_watcher
Railroadfan...fan

Former Amtrak Box Cars on The Adrian & Blissfield RR

Unread post by rail_watcher »

Hello all, I've noticed that at some point recently, the ADBF has dug the former Amtrak box cars out of the brush on the remaining portion of the former Morenci Branch at Grosvenor Hwy & Driggs Rd. They are now sitting in Adrian just west of the locomotive shop, on the portion of track that leads into Big C Lumber. Does anyone have any ideas what the move was for? Are these box cars being sold, used or going to be scrapped?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Former Amtrak Box Cars on The Adrian & Blissfield RR

Unread post by AARR »

My guess, and it's just a guess, is they will be scrapped at OmniSource in Adrian.

I've seen a few of the ex-Amtrak box cars out on the road in revenue service
rail_watcher wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:17 am
Hello all, I've noticed that at some point recently, the ADBF has dug the former Amtrak box cars out of the brush on the remaining portion of the former Morenci Branch at Grosvenor Hwy & Driggs Rd. They are now sitting in Adrian just west of the locomotive shop, on the portion of track that leads into Big C Lumber. Does anyone have any ideas what the move was for? Are these box cars being sold, used or going to be scrapped?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

rail_watcher
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rail_watcher »

AARR wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:19 am
My guess, and it's just a guess, is they will be scrapped at OmniSource in Adrian.

rail_watcher wrote:
Sadly, I was thinking the same thing. However, it is neat to see, that they are using one of them in Riga as a buffer car for the tank cars coming in and out for AirGas.

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

AARR wrote:

rail_watcher wrote:
These are the older MHC cars. None of them are used for freight now.
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

AARR wrote:

rail_watcher wrote:
You’re Guess is correct. Omni source is bit backed up rn