Holland Museum to hold online presentation on its caboose restoration, Nov. 4

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
fmilhaupt
Railroadfan...fan

Holland Museum to hold online presentation on its caboose restoration, Nov. 4

Unread post by fmilhaupt »

On Thursday, November 4 at 7 pm, the Holland Museum will present a Zoom program featuring a conversation about the history of the Holland Caboose, and the Pere Marquette and its importance to the Holland community.

If you wish to attend online, you must register first on Eventbrite: https://hollandmuseum.org/event/getting ... 2021-11-04

Throughout 2021, the Holland Historical Trust has been working on restoring and repainting PM caboose #A967, which is on display at the Padnos Transportation Center in Holland. This has involved repairing or replacing ageing woodwork and metal and having a complete repainting performed by a professional firm. The PMHS has supported this effort by providing photos and drawings from its archive.

To raise funds for this project, the Trust has established a GoFundMe campaign to raise $10,000. Please consider contributing to this cause, at https://www.gofundme.com/f/choochoo-hel ... ed-caboose.
-Fritz Milhaupt

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: Holland Museum to hold online presentation on its caboose restoration, Nov. 4

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

I stopped by the Holland Amtrak depot this afternoon which gave me a few moments to check in on the recently repainted Pere Marquette caboose A967. Wow! What an effort! In addition to the beautiful and crisp new paint job, and interior woodwork, the Holland Museum installed professional, well constructed new interpretive signage. They partnered with the Pere Marquette Historical Society to get some great photos and all the details correct. Recognizing the diversity of the Holland area, both signs are bilingual in English and Spanish. Check these photos out!
IMG_7555.jpg
Broadside
IMG_7552.jpg
Signage!
IMG_7553.jpg
Level of clarity and detail in the photos on the signage.
Last edited by GP30M4216 on Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: Holland Museum to hold online presentation on its caboose restoration, Nov. 4

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

One more photo, with the second sign on the site. Next time I'm there, I'll have to scan one of the QR codes on the sign and see what happens. The semaphore behind the caboose also appears to have gotten a paint job as part of this effort.
IMG_7556.jpg
I'm pleased to have made a small gift to support this GoFundMe effort and I'm sure the museum would appreciate any and all other gifts. I just don't have any insulators to hand out this time! :P The link is in the first post on this thread.