CN Lake Orion Sub - The end finally???

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: CN Lake Orion Sub - The end finally???

Unread post by AARR »

I have seen them the last several Wednesdays there around 3pm but it's not always consistent. Sometimes they come later in the day.
RoyalKingoftheRails wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:23 pm
I don’t know for sure someone in a previous comment said that they’ve been coming through to Ferris at 3 PM on Wednesdays
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

RoyalKingoftheRails
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by RoyalKingoftheRails »

AARR wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:34 pm
I have seen them the last several Wednesdays there around 3pm but it's not always consistent. Sometimes they come later in the day.
Wed May 25, 2022 3:23 pm
I don’t know for sure someone in a previous comment said that they’ve been coming through to Ferris at 3 PM on Wednesdays
I saw them switch out a car at the lumberyard two Wednesdays ago

RoyalKingoftheRails
Railroadfan...fan

I’m out here again tonight gonna see if I can catch the local coming through. Tracks are slightly shiny so something may have come through a couple days ago. Does anybody have an estimate as to maybe when a train came through based on how shiny the tracks are in the photo I included?
Attachments
image.jpg

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

513 is working in the yard. They are going to switch out 251s setout next. Unlikely they are over there tonight before dark anyway.

RoyalKingoftheRails
Railroadfan...fan

GTW6401 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:45 pm
513 is working in the yard. They are going to switch out 251s setout next. Unlikely they are over there tonight before dark anyway.
Crap, so are you saying they will be passing through later tonight then?

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

I would say it's not likely. They only service the customers over there as needed.

RoyalKingoftheRails
Railroadfan...fan

That would make sense. Too bad it’s not on a scheduled basis. It would be much easier to catch them if they were.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

If these are train location updates don't forget to include them in the "CN Train Location Updates" for the appropriate month.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

GTW Dude
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTW Dude »

I took a trip to Orion yard today. Plenty of no trespassing signs and with the GTW police headquarters down the road I didn’t feel like taking my chances going past the signs.
Attachments
C27479D0-FC8D-4F33-82B1-A47AE1715EBD.jpeg
DB010904-7078-4A5A-A347-A3EA33188849.jpeg
B4B38BB5-AF55-4CA5-9001-3CACFA587F21.jpeg

Chip
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Chip »

Not much left there anyway. 99% of it has been ripped out

RoyalKingoftheRails
Railroadfan...fan

GTW Dude wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:34 pm
I took a trip to Orion yard today. Plenty of no trespassing signs and with the GTW police headquarters down the road I didn’t feel like taking my chances going past the signs.
There’s a video on my channel if you want to see a bit more. I went a little past the gate.

Chip
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Chip »

Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:37 pm
GTW Dude wrote:
There’s a video on my channel if you want to see a bit more. I went a little past the gate.
That was yours? I stumbled on it by complete accident a few weeks ago. Neat video.

RoyalKingoftheRails
Railroadfan...fan

Chip wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:04 pm
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:37 pm
GTW Dude wrote:
That was yours? I stumbled on it by complete accident a few weeks ago. Neat video.
Haha yep that was mine. Thanks.

RoyalKingoftheRails
Railroadfan...fan

Guys I finally got to see something go through Price Street! GTW 5932!
Attachments
222CB78E-BC73-491D-9690-03FCE896988F.png

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Nice picture. Wednesday seems to be the day they run the Beltline although I hear it's not a predictable schedule.
Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:10 pm
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

RoyalKingoftheRails
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:17 pm
Nice picture. Wednesday seems to be the day they run the Beltline although I hear it's not a predictable schedule.
Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:10 pm
Thanks, I got a video too which will be a future upload for my channel. But yeah I think Wednesday is definitely the day, considering I did see them a couple weeks ago do a delivery to the lumberyard off in the distance.

Beemer
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Beemer »

Nice pic, RKR!
I caught a scrap yard run today (posted in the CN updates)... I snagged phone video of it at two different locations, as it headed back toward the Yak...

Walton:
https://rumble.com/v17wxh5-train-cn-593 ... nett-.html

Kennett:
https://rumble.com/v17wzpm-train-cn-593 ... nnett.html

RoyalKingoftheRails
Railroadfan...fan

Beemer wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:47 pm
Nice pic, RKR!
I caught a scrap yard run today (posted in the CN updates)... I snagged phone video of it at two different locations, as it headed back toward the Yak...

Walton:
https://rumble.com/v17wxh5-train-cn-593 ... nett-.html

Kennett:
https://rumble.com/v17wzpm-train-cn-593 ... nnett.html
Awesome catch! Did you just happen to be at the right place at the right time? Also considering he was picking up those 3 railcars, I'll bet when I caught him on Wednesday without carrying any cars he had just dropped them off. I actually did see that locomotive again yesterday going through Bloomfield Hills some time in the evening.

Beemer
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Beemer »

I'm close enough that I can hear the horns from my home. I happened to be in a position where I could hear it and bolt down to catch it. Been logging the horns I happen to hear since January (they are random) and have been wanting to video it. It was a close play at the plate, if I caught it or not.

This old sub is my home track, back to the Oxford days on Drahner Rd! I wish I would have been engaged enough in the past to video it heading from the Yak up to Orion and back. I witnessed that run a gaggle of times through the Joslyn crossings.

I'm looking forward to your video!

RoyalKingoftheRails
Railroadfan...fan

Beemer wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:40 pm
I'm close enough that I can hear the horns from my home. I happened to be in a position where I could hear it and bolt down to catch it. Been logging the horns I happen to hear since January (they are random) and have been wanting to video it. It was a close play at the plate, if I caught it or not.

This old sub is my home track, back to the Oxford days on Drahner Rd! I wish I would have been engaged enough in the past to video it heading from the Yak up to Orion and back. I witnessed that run a gaggle of times through the Joslyn crossings.

I'm looking forward to your video!
That's pretty cool, my dad said he heard a horn at our house on Thursday which was most likely the train you filmed and linked in a previous comment. It's interesting because I live over 10 miles away which is kind of impressive to be able to hear a horn that far away. But hey 5932 is known for having a loud horn so it adds up. I recently got into filming trains last year but I can say I've gone past the Joslyn road crossing numerous times back in the days when I was a kid. Man it would have been cool to see something on that portion of the line (especially Joslyn and Brown roads) As for my video I might post it next weekend since I've wanted to see something on this line for a long time. (I'm still uploading content from November and December of last year lol)