Hillsdale Indiana Northeastern working Memorial Weekend?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Hillsdale Indiana Northeastern working Memorial Weekend?

Unread post by Robertrains »

OK, since I will be in the area (Blissfield for the "Ohio Rail Experience" excursion), I decided to check Indiana Northeastern®!!!! :mrgreen: My friend "Mazon" and I are taking a two night trip to this area! Now, is IN expected to work out of Hillsdale this weekend? :?: Are there going to be trains working out of that city Sunday or Memorial Day?
I know there may be engines sitting in the yard! How about "Grain Trains" or anything to Coldwater? :?: Any info is greatly appreciated!!!! :wink:
Here's a picture (with permission) taken by me (RLJ II with Canon® 35mm S.L.R.) of a work train south of Angola, IN, 10-22-2012: Image
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=5552262
Last edited by Robertrains on Fri May 28, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Hillsdale Indiana Northeastern working Memorial Weekend?

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

Robertrains wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 4:56 am
(also posted in 'Indiana Talk')
OK, since I will be in the area (Blissfield for the "Ohio Rail Experience" excursion), I decided to check Indiana Northeastern®!!!! :mrgreen: My friend "Mazon" and I are taking a two night trip to this area! Now, is IN expected to work out of Hillsdale this weekend? :?: Are there going to be trains working out of that city Sunday or Memorial Day?
I know there may be engines sitting in the yard! How about "Grain Trains" or anything to Coldwater? :?: Any info is greatly appreciated!!!! :wink:
Here's a picture (with permission) taken by me (RLJ II with Canon® 35mm S.L.R.) of a work train south of Angola, IN, 10-22-2012: Image
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=5552262
Robert I would find the Indiana Northeastern FB page and ask on there. They are very railfan friendly and an employee will generally say if there is a train and when it’s on. You can also call the office and someone there will tell you. Again, be kind and they are very kind in return. Unlike ADBF...watch your toes and don’t step on his ballast this weekend lol.

With the holiday I bet they don’t work Sunday and Monday unless there’s a grain train but just a guess.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

LansingRailFan wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:34 am
Robert I would find the Indiana Northeastern FB page and ask on there. They are very railfan friendly and an employee will generally say if there is a train and when it’s on. You can also call the office and someone there will tell you. Again, be kind and they are very kind in return. Unlike ADBF...watch your toes and don’t step on his ballast this weekend lol.

With the holiday I bet they don’t work Sunday and Monday unless there’s a grain train but just a guess.
OK, I called Indiana Northeastern® and found out they are not running this weekend! Also, only GP7 #2216 is at Hillsdale! It would not be worth it to go! Another time!!!!
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I believe 2216 is a GP30M and stored out of service as a parts source
Robertrains wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 5:25 pm
Also, only GP7 #2216 is at Hillsdale!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

AARR wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 6:05 pm
Robertrains wrote:
#2216 is a GP7u and is in active service!

#1770 (GP9) and #4216 (GP30M) are the only two OOS locomotives at present. Both are stored at Hudson.
Last edited by NS3322 on Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you for the information
NS3322 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 6:25 pm
AARR wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 6:05 pm
Robertrains wrote:
#2216 is a GP7u and is in active service!

#1770 (GP9) and #4126 (GP30M) are the only two OOS locomotives at present. Both are stored at Hudson.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

4216 is the GP30M. It is someone’s namesake, not telling who. A former C&O - CSXT unit, the last active 30M on the CSXT roster, retired around 1997. It’s 100% a parts source now and honestly there’s not much left beyond the frame. 2216 is a Topeka cab ex ATSF GP7u as noted. INER has an incredible roster.