Covered Gon's on the HESR

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Covered Gon's on the HESR

Unread post by AARR »

Alex, After receiving the cars from MS in Holland CSX interchanges the cars with GLC at AnnePere and GLC interchanges the cars with HESR in Durand.
Posted by Alex on 10/28/2020, 10:26 am
I've seen what look like covered gondolas on the HESR thru Flushing. It almost looks like it's a white plastic cover.
https://members4.boardhost.com/OtherMic ... 95178.html

Posted by Doktor No on 10/28/2020, 3:19 pm, in reply to "Covered Gon's on the HESR"
It's fly ash from BC Cobb Consumers Energy plant in Muskegon enroute towards Essexville for burial in a secure facility.
Route Michigan Shore/CSX/HESR. Subject to change of course.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: Covered Gon's on the HESR

Unread post by SD80MAC »

It’s bottom ash.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I would like to edit Wiki but would appreciate confirmation first. Is the fly ash movement from Muskegon is completed?
Charah Solutions Essexville Fly Ash Transload & Landfill Gondolas B.C. Cobb fly ash disposal. 18 month project.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

Thank you. Wiki is edited.
AARR wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:31 pm
I would like to edit Wiki but would appreciate confirmation first. Is the fly ash movement from Muskegon is completed?
Charah Solutions Essexville Fly Ash Transload & Landfill Gondolas B.C. Cobb fly ash disposal. 18 month project.
Yeah. Half the cars left without lids, going west to Chicago. Other half went with lids to West Virginia

KenB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KenB »

As I understand it the CSXT could not handle the business. Empty cars not returned in a timley manner, loades not delivered in a timley manner so cars sent out and the rest of the bottom ash will be trucked futher damaging our roads.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Seems like it should have been an easy movement for CSX. Shuttling gondolas between AnnPere and Holland. I wonder what the problem could have been?

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

There was no problem. The contract ran through its allotted time, ending exactly when they said it would when the movements began. When it was done, the cars were dispersed.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you for the clarification
SD80MAC wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:57 am
There was no problem. The contract ran through its allotted time, ending exactly when they said it would when the movements began. When it was done, the cars were dispersed.