Incident involving Amtrak 365?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Incident involving Amtrak 365?

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

Morning everyone,

Someone in the Michigan Railfans group reported that Amtrak 365 stopped on the Holly Sub just after departing Durand and sat there for quite some time. According to the Amtrak train tracker, 365 departed Durand on time but arrived in East Lansing almost an hour late. They are still running about an hour behind schedule. Does anyone know what happened just after the Durand departure? Was it simply traffic in the area or an actual incident?

Thanks,

-NS
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Incident involving Amtrak 365?

Unread post by Norm »

I have seen, in the past, Amtrak turn the train around because cab signals were not working on the head end. Perhaps that was the reason. There is also a built in delay before the dispatcher can authorize them to return to the Flint Sub from the Holly.
Norm

GTWwatcher
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWwatcher »

[quote="Norm"]I have seen, in the past, Amtrak turn the train around because cab signals were not working on the head end. Perhaps that was the reason.

I'm pretty sure that's what happened. Heard it all on the scanner this morning.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

What was Amtrak doing on the Holly at Durand?
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

CR900945
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CR900945 »

If they had to turn the consist to change ends, by necessity they would have to use the Flint wye and the Holly sub by the station. This is one of the only places where you can turn a complete consist.