Port Inland Railroad

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Re: Port Inland Railroad

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Crow T Robot wrote:Might check it out this year. I think I tried it once but the road got real bad and had to turn around not sure if it was the same one though..
The road leading to that crossing is primarily used by trucks and most likely will be less then adequate from what I’ve been told by a friend of mine that’s attempted To go back there before.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

MQT1223 wrote:
Crow T Robot wrote:Might check it out this year. I think I tried it once but the road got real bad and had to turn around not sure if it was the same one though..
The road leading to that crossing is primarily used by trucks and most likely will be less then adequate from what I’ve been told by a friend of mine that’s attempted To go back there before.
The road going out here is perfectly fine and paved all but the last 1000 or so, Now if you keep going south, go over the CN and keep going it turns into a two track swamp road. The photo is kinda blah but it’s a cool operation I think if I remember right it took about a hour and a half from the time the train passed, dumped and returned.

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

Bump

Robertrains will be happy to know that I recently discovered KLWX 81 is now CRGX 610 and assigned to Cargill in Gainesville, GA.

Also, I believe the only public road access (Batty Doe Lake Road) to view the Port Inland Railroad has been closed off as of Spring 2022 as they expand the mine.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

NS3322 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:42 pm
Bump

Robertrains will be happy to know that I recently discovered KLWX 81 is now CRGX 610 and assigned to Cargill in Gainesville, GA.

Also, I believe the only public road access (Batty Doe Lake Road) to view the Port Inland Railroad has been closed off as of Spring 2022 as they expand the mine.
You can drive right up to the gate and kinda see like fifty feet of trackage.