Lake State Railway's 25th Anniversary

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
DelayInBlock
Railroadfan...fan

Lake State Railway's 25th Anniversary

Unread post by DelayInBlock »

This year marks Lake State Railway's 25th year in operation. With approximately 300 miles of track, LSRC has become one of the most prominent railroad companies in the state. From the video:
“Excellence in Transportation”: a simple, yet important mission statement that Lake State Railway has lived by for 25 years. Founded in 1992 by entrepreneur Jim George, Lake State Railway has grown to be a vital transportation link, connecting Michigan to national and export markets. With humble beginnings as a once tired and aging system of unprofitable rail lines, Lake State Railway now represents a true Michigan success story. Averaging 40,000 carloads annually, the railroad serves over forty customers systemwide. Economic development projects underway in 2017 will result in a twenty percent customer base increase when completed in the coming months, helping create jobs in regions of Michigan that were once plagued by an economic downturn. The future looks bright for northern Michigan - and Lake State Railway is the transportation system to bring it there.
Last edited by DelayInBlock on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delay In Block Productions: "Railroading a Little Different than Usual."

Visit my YouTube Channel and Subscribe: http://www.YouTube.com/user/DelayInBlock
Like My Page on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/DelayInBlockProductions

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Lake State Railway's 25th Anniversary

Unread post by AARR »

Well done, DIB. I watched it prior to your posting it here 8) .
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...