Detroit Rail Customers

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
GTWwatcher
Railroadfan...fan

Detroit Rail Customers

Unread post by GTWwatcher »

I was wondering if anyone could help me compile a full list of customers in Detroit. I know several railroads operate in Detroit, so please make note of what railroad the customer is served by. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Detroit Rail Customers

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Well...this is gonna be a tough nut to crack. Huge area, tons of customers.

I'd put this as borderline impossible to begin with. Too many things change too often. Honestly, it'd probably be easier to establish a list of customers in the entire remainder of the state than Detroitland.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

GTWwatcher
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWwatcher »

Saturnalia wrote:Well...this is gonna be a tough nut to crack. Huge area, tons of customers.

I'd put this as borderline impossible to begin with. Too many things change too often. Honestly, it'd probably be easier to establish a list of customers in the entire remainder of the state than Detroitland.
Yeah, certainly a lot of customers! That's kind of why I was counting on multiple people to give some info instead of one person.

I actually have most of the customers of the Lower Peninsula listed and Detroit was my last area to log. But I couldn't get all the customers on my own.

Anyways, if I can't get all the customers in Detroit listed, that's fine. I'll just leave it out of my project. Thanks!

bn13814
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bn13814 »

GTWwatcher wrote:I was wondering if anyone could help me compile a full list of customers in Detroit. I know several railroads operate in Detroit, so please make note of what railroad the customer is served by. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Start with Class I Reciprocal switching circulars. Some list all industries within switching district limits, i. e. are physically served by other carriers but accessible via flat per car switching charges.

Canadian National eff. January 1, 2016 shows just a few industries, so I'm not sure of this carrier's policies as far as reciprocal switching agreements.

http://ecprod.cn.ca/velocity/eDistribut ... 01+US+(En)

I don't believe Canadian Pacific physically serves industries directly in Detroit, but apparently has some access through switching agreements by other carriers.

CSX Transportation eff. January 1, 2016. Detroit and adjacent stations start on page 39.

https://www.csx.com/index.cfm/library/f ... ry-1-2016/

Norfolk Southern's switching tariff January 1, 2016. Detroit area customers start on pages 126-131, and likely includes Conrail Shared Assets Organization customers. This is a long list, and is probably the most complete of any you'll find.

http://www.nscorp.com/content/dam/nscor ... 0woICS.pdf

Delray Connecting Railroad (DC) serves US Steel's Great Lakes Works in Ecorse, MI.

Adrian & Blissfield's Detroit Connecting Railroad (DCON) runs 2.25 miles and connects with CN at Milwaukee Jct. and seems to serve a few customers, including a scrap yard.