Bad Axe Change Schedule Again?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
railnut0571
Railroadfan...fan

Bad Axe Change Schedule Again?

Unread post by railnut0571 »

Well tonite I headed over to Bad Axe, and arrived there at 7:35. I went straight to the yard, and it was obvious immediately that the Main switch track was open to get onto the Wye to head West. I then headed over to mortimer lumber expecting to possibly see a train heading down the line to elkton, and there was nothing. So I figured maybe they hadn't left yet, becuase they usualy leave between 8 and 9 P.M. on tuesdays. I waited in Bad Axe until 9 P.M dinking around in Wilcox Park next to the Wye. Nothing. So I assume the train had already left Bad Axe earlier before i got out there this time. Then I head over to Elkton, and Pigeon. Line was empty in both directions in both towns. Then I said eh what the heck Im gonna go out to M-25 crossing and see if there is any evidence of them out towards Sebwaing direction. Nothing the line was dark as could be. I'm hoping I just got out there to late and missed them, and that they are not gonna start changing their run to Sebaiong all around on me. Just when I get them figured out, I seem to lose them. What do you folks think. Was I just to late probably?

railnut0571
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Bad Axe Change Schedule Again?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I went into the Wallace Stone Quarry drive, and there was an engine there just sitting dark and not running. Kinda surprised to see it sitting there in the dark on the siding.

R.E.A.P.E.R.
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by R.E.A.P.E.R. »

They were switching in Bad Axe around 2:15 this afternoon (6/27/2012)

railnut0571
Railroadfan...fan

Hmmm REAPER, that is the time I usualy catch them returning from Deckerville, or Ruth. So yeah that sounds about normal for them.I'm thinkin they just left earlier this time. Or who know, maybe they never did the Sebwaing run this time on Tuesday.

railnut0571
Railroadfan...fan

I found out from one of the train engineers, that operates out of Bad Axe on the Saginaw Line at night, that they have been starting out at the Wallace Stone Quarry Near Bay Port, and heading to Saginaw instead of leaving from Bad Axe a 8 like they usualy do. There was also an Engine tied up in Ruth 4 days ago, and it was still there last night.

railnut0571
Railroadfan...fan

I talked to the train engineer in Bad Axe today. they did the Croswell Run today '"TUESDAY", and also spent along time in deckerville switching some hoppers around. They should be about heading back rite about now. Does anyone know the rail mileage from Bad axe to Croswell? I followed them to Deckerville then turned back.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

railnut0571 wrote:Does anyone know the rail mileage from Bad axe to Croswell? I followed them to Deckerville then turned back.
I think its between 30-40 miles. I will look it up later.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

railnut0571
Railroadfan...fan

Tonight I headed to Elkton after I thought I missed the train out of BAd Axe at around 8:30. I got out to Elkton and no train out there either. I said screw it, and on the way Back I headed down Geiger Road parallel to the tracks, and all the sudden about 4 miles down boom their she was the head light appeared, and I heard the horn sound as she was leaving Bad Axe with about 12 cars mosly tankers. Seems like they are headin out from Bad Axe lately around 9:00 to 9:30 or so. I was glad I took that road or I may have missed it.