CP/DME/ICE merger developments for ICE

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
Jeff L
(00:00:00) Jeff L: #1

CP/DME/ICE merger developments for ICE

Unread post by Jeff L »

CHANGES IN TRAINS: Trains MHUCC/MCCHU that run between Huron,SD & BeltRailwayClearingYard have been terminated and will now run new trains MHUMN/MMNHU that will run between Huron,SD & Minnesota City,MN. Trains MWIWA/MWAWI that run between Waseca,MN & Winona,MN on the DME line also have been terminated. Trains CP486/CP487 east of Minnesota City now run via La Crosse,WI & Portage,WI on CP's own main line. New trains MBEMC/MMCBE will run between Bensenville,IL & Mason City,IA on a daily basis. They will make their set off with cars for Clinton,IA and other destinations south in the siding at Adeline,IL instead of at Davis Jct.IL. This will be done to keep the siding at Davis Jct. clear for train meets. Davis Jct. will still serve their local L920. The evening/nighttime Davis Jct. local L923 has been terminated. Savanna,IL local L928 will work switching jobs for trains MCCNA/MNACC inside the yard.

OTHER CHANGES: Rail-grinder and welded rail gang has installed welded rail from the spring switch at Pingree Grove,IL to the east siding switch at Genoa,IL. The track speed will be 30mph. At Sabula Jct,IA where the Chicago & Marquette subs join, the lock switch is replaced with a control point named "Island" controlled by the Supervisor of Iowa Operations at the ex DME HQ in Souix Falls,SD. The new hooded-style signals are in place on the Chicago sub. The River Subdivision between Sabula Jct,IA to Nahant,IA is renamed the Davenport Subdivision.

ICE SCHEDULED TRAINS:
MBEMC......Bensenville,IL--Mason City,IA (westbound) morning out of Bensenville *DAILY*
MMCBE......Mason City,IA--Bensenville,IL (eastbound) morning out of Savanna *DAILY*
MNACC......Nahant,IA--BeltRailwayClearingYardChicago (eastbound) nighttime out of Savanna *DAILY*
MCCNA......BeltRailwayClearingYardChicago--Nahant,IA (westbound) nighttime out of BeltRailwayYard *DAILY*
L920.........Davis Jct.,IL--Bensenville,IL.--Davis Jct.,IL morning out of Davis Jct. *DAILY*
L922.........Rockford,IL--Davis Jct.,IL--Rockford,IL morning out of Rockford *MON-FRI* (?? if still running)

ICE AS NEEDED TRAINS: (??? if still running)
MNABE......Nahant,IL--Bensenville,IL (eastbound) *MANIFEST*
EHUCC......Huron,SD--BeltRailwayClearingYardChicago (eastbound) *LOADED ETHANOL*
EAUCC......Aurora,SD--BeltRailwayClearingYardChicago (eastbound) *LOADED ETHANOL*
ECCAU......BeltRailwayClearingYardChicago--Aurora,SD (westbound) *EMPTY ETHANOL*
GCCMC......BeltRailwayClearingYardChicago--Mason City,IA (westbound) *EMPTY GRAIN*
GMCCC......Mason City,IA--BeltRailwayClearingYardChicago (eastbound) *LOADED GRAIN*
GHUCC......Huron,SD--BeltRailwayClearingYardChicago (eastbound) *LOADED GRAIN*
GCCHU......BeltRailwayClearingYardChicago--Huron,SD (westbound) *EMPTY GRAIN*

FUTURE TRAINS: (hopefully)
MBEKC......Bensenville,IL--Kansas City,MO (westbound) *MANIFEST*
MKCBE......Kansas City,MO--Bensenville,IL (eastbound) *MANIFEST*

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CP/DME/ICE merger developments for ICE

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Thanks for posting this Jeff.

The new hooded signals along the Chicago Sub look pretty neat, unless you're not a fan of hooded signals (or not a fan of hooded signals where there were no hooded signals before... :lol: ).

I'm looking forward to catching some action on the New DME... :twisted:
~ Charles W.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks Jeff. Even though it's CP now I still like to follow the former regional's schedules and see what happens.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

cr6707
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cr6707 »

Unfortunately, BEMC/MCBE are already gone. MCSV/SVMC (Mason-City-Savanna) replaced them. Also, they officially re-symboled everything. According to the ICE list, MCCNA/MNACC are now CP 273/272 and MSVMC/MMCSV are now CP 271/270. The SPKC/KCSP are now 1xx series trains.

Mark

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Has CP reduced the number of train starts or just changed the terminals?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

Thanks for the updates, Jeff L. I'm heading back to Iowa City in a few weeks so I hope to catch some ICE power at Nahant.
Owosso Steve

Jeff L

Unread post by Jeff L »

If that's the updated schedule cr6707, I'd rather have the schedule "as was".

cr6707
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cr6707 »

Don, to my knowledge, they just changed terminals.

Jeff, I agree. I never was able to shoot the ICE on "home" rails on my trip to IL last summer, and it's disappointing to see the number and trains in daylight drop. Hopefully they'll get a KC-Chicago train eventually.

Jeff L

Unread post by Jeff L »

With CP/ICE sharing KnocheYard with KCS it's bound to happen. When I'm around there, I see BNSF & UP trains transferring coal and grain trains into the yard for KCS. CP needs to step up for coal & grain between Kansas City and Chicago. It's a waste of money to upgrade track and install new signals for only 2-4 trains. The only time you're gonna see a lot of action on the ex-ICE line is if there's a derailment on the CP line from Winona to Chicago. Forget Amtrak, they'll run on BNSF to St.Paul via Savanna.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Don, to my knowledge, they just changed terminals.

cr6707, thanks.