Princeton train traffic

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Princeton train traffic

Unread post by NickThatRailfan »

I was browsing the Princeton railcam and saw CSX and NS share a mainline their. I was wondering how many trains Princeton see's in a day. I tried looking it up and saw somewhere that said it saw 60-80 trains a day. But both lines aren't double tracked all the way so I dont see that being possible. I did write down symbols I found and I cam up with around 20. But I don't know what's right and what isn't so if anyone knows how many trains Princeton actually tell me please.

Andy24
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Princeton train traffic

Unread post by Andy24 »

NickThatRailfan wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:14 pm
I was browsing the Princeton railcam and saw CSX and NS share a mainline their. I was wondering how many trains Princeton see's in a day. I tried looking it up and saw somewhere that said it saw 60-80 trains a day. But both lines aren't double tracked all the way so I dont see that being possible. I did write down symbols I found and I cam up with around 20. But I don't know what's right and what isn't so if anyone knows how many trains Princeton actually tell me please.
Princeton has a train log that many volunteers keeps tabs on. Probably varies per day and 60-80 trains sounds about average. Haven’t seen 60 trains this month yet
Average railfan reporter on Grand Rapids Sub, Plymouth Sub, and Area Short Lines Railroads.

Follow my channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/@ATARP24

NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Princeton train traffic

Unread post by NickThatRailfan »

Andy24 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:07 pm
NickThatRailfan wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:14 pm
Princeton has a train log that many volunteers keeps tabs on. Probably varies per day and 60-80 trains sounds about average. Haven’t seen 60 trains this month yet

Thank you.