Train vs. Bus, Michigan City

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Train vs. Bus, Michigan City

Unread post by Jochs »

A South Shore bus was hit by a freight train near the South Shore station at Carrol Ave and Holiday.
https://www.wndu.com/2023/04/12/investi ... igan-city/
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Train vs. Bus, Michigan City

Unread post by Saturnalia »

WNDU wrote:According to Michigan City Police, the collision happened at Carroll Street and Holiday near the South Shore station around 8:40 p.m. CST after a South Shore bus was struck by a freight train.
Apparently, the bus was struck by a freight train after a collision happened at Carroll Street??

These people get paid to write this stuff?

Also, it's Carroll AVENUE, not Street.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Train vs. Bus, Michigan City

Unread post by justalurker66 »

"The mother of a woman on the bus told 16 News Now that the bus was crossing the tracks when it was hit by the train and then pushed further down the tracks. She says there were a few minor injuries, and some people were taken to the hospital for evaluation."

The NICTD alerts last night was: "Passengers are advised that due to a grade-crossing incident, WB Tr 22 is currently delayed 60+ minutes and EB Tr 19 is delayed 20-30 minutes. All remaining SSL trains are expected to operate on schedule."

Since there were passengers on the bus I assume that the crossing involved was the one at the station parking lot?
I was hoping for an update with details.