INE acquires pair of SD40-2's.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Re: INE acquires pair of SD40-2's.

Unread post by chapmaja »

NickThatRailfan wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:45 pm
PatAzo wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:56 am
NickThatRailfan wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:45 pm
...which is stupid...
No it's life. GM has more money than me but I don't get free use of a car. I have a better job than my neighbor but I don't give him a car to use.
INER is just a small shortline and NS leases from INER so that fact NS is a multi billion dollar company amd is worried about getting money from a small shortline using NS locomotives to load an NS grain train when NS is gonna make more off the grain train then the locomotive run time anyways
What does the part in red even mean? NS doesn't lease anything from INER?

NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NickThatRailfan »

Yes they do, they "lease" the line from Montpelier to Reading for there grain trains they run to Reading and they also run them to South Milford so its not only to Reading but to South Milford also
chapmaja wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:18 pm
PatAzo wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:56 am
No it's life. GM has more money than me but I don't get free use of a car. I have a better job than my neighbor but I don't give him a car to use.
INER is just a small shortline and NS leases from INER so that fact NS is a multi billion dollar company amd is worried about getting money from a small shortline using NS locomotives to load an NS grain train when NS is gonna make more off the grain train then the locomotive run time anyways

What does the part in red even mean? NS doesn't lease anything from INER?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I think what NTR means is occasionally IN will lease/rent NS engines that run from Montpelier to the grain elevators in Reading or South Milford. That way its written it sounds like IN is leasing the track to those two locations from NS but I am pretty sure IN owns it outright.
NickThatRailfan wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:03 am
Yes they do, they "lease" the line from Montpelier to Reading for there grain trains they run to Reading and they also run them to South Milford so its not only to Reading but to South Milford also
chapmaja wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:18 pm
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NickThatRailfan »

AARR wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:08 am
I think what NTR means is occasionally IN will lease/rent NS engines that run from Montpelier to the grain elevators in Reading or South Milford. That way its written it sounds like IN is leasing the track to those two locations from NS but I am pretty sure IN owns it outright.
NickThatRailfan wrote:
Yes thank you

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

NickThatRailfan wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:26 am
AARR wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:08 am
NickThatRailfan wrote:
Yes thank you
Either way you're wrong so :roll:

NS, INER and the elevators in Reading and South Milford have an agreement on using NS power on grain trains.

For NS-system grain trains using NS run-thru power, you're looking at a total online (INER) window of 28-32 hours. So there are penalties built-in for the INER if they can't return the train in time. In turn, INER would tack those penalties onto the bill so to speak to the elevator if they were at fault for the delay. INER needs a crew ready to go when NS drops the train. The elevator needs employees ready to go when INER arrives.

There's no leasing going on.