Train "in the way" at Berea

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
Littlekings
Railroadfan...fan

Train "in the way" at Berea

Unread post by Littlekings »

So last time I drove to Berea there was a train parked in the way so that you couldn't see any other train traffic. Anyone know of a way to check this out ahead of time? If it were a short drive I wouldn't mind but it's an hour. I think there is a camera there but I don't really want to pay to use the camera for that purpose. I know there is a restaurant there but I usually go up before they would ever open. Thoughts???

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Train "in the way" at Berea

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Since there's not a grade crossing there, can't use Google Maps traffic overlay to tell.
Only options I can think of is contact a friend that uses Railstream and ask them, or pay the $5.95 fee to use the railstream cameras for 3 days.
Sorry, that's just kind of part of railfanning is to show up at a location and take what train action you happen to find. Perhaps go elsewhere if that spot in Berea where the train happened to stop isn't working for you.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

Littlekings wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:20 pm
So last time I drove to Berea there was a train parked in the way so that you couldn't see any other train traffic. Anyone know of a way to check this out ahead of time? If it were a short drive I wouldn't mind but it's an hour. I think there is a camera there but I don't really want to pay to use the camera for that purpose. I know there is a restaurant there but I usually go up before they would ever open. Thoughts???
Little Kings Cream Ale?

NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NickThatRailfan »

Littlekings wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:20 pm

Happens pretty frequently I was there back in July this year and mast year and when I was there last year it close to about 6:30am a CSX mixed freight stopped right infront of us we waited then left got McDonald's came back another CSX passed on the other track and it still sat there we left for anout 30 minutes came back it was gone and this uear when we went in a span of about 4 hours we had 2 trains stop same thing happened just not as long they both waited for other trains of they stop infront of you its beacuse the line just a little ways east goes down to single track so if theres a train coming they gotta stop