Quick I&O question.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
OSRR
Railroadfan...fan

Quick I&O question.

Unread post by OSRR »

I'm assuming the answer to this is yes but, I want to double check.

The I&O turn jobs (LSL, LNL, ect). I'll use LNL as an example. When it leaves Lima for Delta, I know they take north bound traffic with them but, do they switch industries on the way up (and or back)?

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Re: Quick I&O question.

Unread post by redside20 »

I don't know how the LNL operates but in Jackson Center, the LSL works Bambauers located on the South side is switched sb due to a one ended stub track and Plastipak has a siding trains can work off of
Exit stage left

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

I've never seen them work the handful of industries served between Delta and Lima, but I'd assume the LNL does - as there's nothing else that runs (Other than the occasional grain train) between those points on the I&O. For what it's worth, Patrick Plastics in Leipsic and the steel place in Ottawa would be best switched by the southbound run, and Siligan in Ottawa would be best switched by the northbound run. Other than that, there's really nothing else to work between Lima and Delta.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

I'm fairly certain the LSL almost never works Jackson Center. That usually means swapping multi cars around and they don't have time to do that. There's been pics of a Lima yard crew going to Jackson Center and back. I do believe the LSL will switch the grain elevator at Thackery since almost all the grain they ship goes north to the ethanol plant at Lima. The WCH B switches South Chuck when needed. The problem with having either of them doing much work on the way to Springfield is both have to switch and build their trains most days since the yard jobs and Cincy and Lima never seem to do it.

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

Only one other industry to switch between Lima and Delta besides those mentioned. CPS at Hamler would be a southbound move. Still receives a few cars but most is trucked in from CPS at Ottawa located on CSX.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

The LNL will occasionally work Patrick Plastics in Leipsic, but any work in the Ottawa Loop is typically handled by a local crew out of either Delta or the Lima yard crew. Mike, the Delta crew will work Delta-Ottawa from time to time. Lima Yard crew will work as far south as Jackson Center if needed.
Bottom text.

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

Thanks Y@ - I wasn't sure how they handled things any more.
Y@ wrote:The LNL will occasionally work Patrick Plastics in Leipsic, but any work in the Ottawa Loop is typically handled by a local crew out of either Delta or the Lima yard crew. Mike, the Delta crew will work Delta-Ottawa from time to time. Lima Yard crew will work as far south as Jackson Center if needed.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

As it stands, The I&O looks like they could gain a new customer in the form of the Bunge Soybean Plant thats going to be built somewhere in Ohio or Indiana in 2019..Although Bunge won't say where...Rumors of Delta as the frontrunner for the processing plant is a very good possibility. Also another traffic source coming out of Michigan off the CN at Flat Rock Yard in the form of truck frames for Navistar will be coming to fruition sometime later this year..Things are gonna get just a bit busier in the next coming years..
Exit stage left

Waddy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Waddy »

If green plains in Blissfield ever does unit trains again that is traffic for the I&O, but they only did two and haven't done another one since.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Were the unit trains from Green Plains DDG or ethanol?
Waddy wrote:If green plains in Blissfield ever does unit trains again that is traffic for the I&O, but they only did two and haven't done another one since.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Waddy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Waddy »

AARR wrote:Were the unit trains from Green Plains DDG or ethanol?
Waddy wrote:If green plains in Blissfield ever does unit trains again that is traffic for the I&O, but they only did two and haven't done another one since.
Ethanol

Waddy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Waddy »

Theres been talk of, what I believe is going to be a bean processing plant, being built in Delta. Anyone know if the I&O is getting this business? Someone told me that a railroad is laying track, but didn't know which one.

1TrackMind
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 1TrackMind »

Anyone know how the Delta Local crew works? When do they run to Flat Rock? Do they work anything south of Delta still?

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by arty flowers »

Still run to Flat Rock two to three times a week. Y@ can tell you the other details

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by arty flowers »

I&O updates so far as of June 1st. The I&O Is the only railroad operating between DIANN and Flat Rock currently since CN started interchanging their traffic with NS at Oakwood Yard instead of Flat Rock due to covid19 and the slow economy. The bad news the IORY only goes to Flat Rock from Delta twice a week now but their getting more traffic off the ABDF at Riga and bit off the Ann Arbor after hearing about this third hand, Y@ are you are out there, is that what the IORY is doing right now? At Delta there is a new canadian pipe mill going in by the turnpike and things are still pretty fluid south of here. CN may never come back to the ANNIE again due to the charge that ANNIE SLaps of them for running on their rails.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Y@ will be thrilled about this :lol:
arty flowers wrote:...but their getting more traffic off the ABDF at Riga...
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by blueheron13 »

When IORY is departing Flat Rock SB, I have been hearing them give a symbol of what sounds like I999 lately. Can anyone confirm? And does it have the same symbol going both north and south?
Amateur railfan trying to become a real railfan since 2017.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

I&O is still going to Flat Rock 3 times a week most of the time. ADBF interchange is still running heavy. AA not so much, but still active. Since PTC was implemented the 400/401 symbols are gone, they are now I99961 in each direction.
Bottom text.

1TrackMind
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 1TrackMind »

How many crews work out of delta now?