NS Peavine talk

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NS Peavine talk

Unread post by heypal6878 »

The CCET has added two more engines to the Peavine Railroad from what I understand both are now in service getting ready from Purina that should be complete by late spring and more power for rock trains coming from Plum Run to Roundbottem Road at the Transloader.

scraphauler
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by scraphauler »

CCET added 3 locomotives, not 2. Whole roster can be found at homesteadrailgroup.com.

Purina might be running by late spring.....of 2023. Plant is behind schedule, a lot of their equipment delayed like everything else in this world.
MIGHT see some limited inbound shipments by fall/end of year. No track work has taken place yet other than some tree clearing. Extent of rail use by Purina still being developed - will try to source as much corn and soybean as possible locally, which would likely predominantly be truck. All other ingredients will be heavily rail dependent. No outbound by rail.

Initial shipments of stone to CCET's Roundbottom Transload Center began in late November. Up till then, all stone that had moved into there was for facility construction purposes. Lehigh Hanson is moving their Clermont County Distribution Facility to property leased from CCET at this site. Hanson hopes to open yard to retail sales by end of February, weather dependent. Stone will continue to flow in over winter as weather conditions allow and will increase in volume as weather improves going into spring.

Paw95
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Paw95 »

https://youtu.be/wQJCFN2b9PI this is the siding near Rarden, Ohio. this video is from December of 2017 but it's pretty much the same as today.

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Good video Paw95 thanks. Looks like something is going on down at Clare Yard of late?

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Took a look at Clare Yard from above on the Bluff today in Mariemont. Doing so work on the rails down there MOW crew is out NS on the west end of the old PRR. Looks like light stuff as the were only there just over an hour. Most of the siding is empty so I guess the CCET picked up some cars that were on the siding on Tuesday. The Yard itself has a few tankers in it most likely used by Bulkmatic.

Stopped at McDonalds as two NS mow crew were down there picking up lunch. They said most likely from what they have heard when the Purnia Plant opens up late spring NS may be keeping a power in Clare for switching purposes as a good 20 cars or more will be sent back and forth to clare from the CCET to Sharon Yard. This is going to be a full time operation

scraphauler
Railroadfan...fan

heypal6878 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:06 pm
Stopped at McDonalds as two NS mow crew were down there picking up lunch. They said most likely from what they have heard when the Purnia Plant opens up late spring NS may be keeping a power in Clare for switching purposes as a good 20 cars or more will be sent back and forth to clare from the CCET to Sharon Yard. This is going to be a full time operation

Anything they have heard is nothing more than round house gossip, speculation, or simply made up. Purina plant is well behind schedule account of equipment shortages (goos old computer chip storage that has everything else f’ed up). It may not come on line until 2023 now. As of right now, CCET does not yet have a schedule to instal trackage, nor are there ANY plans on how traffic and interchange will be handled, or really even to what extent rail will be used. Rail WILL be a key feature, but the range of what it could be is HUGE, from just a handful of cars a day to dozens of cars a day. Lots of discussions and meetings underway and planned over next several months to begin ironing out an operating plan. But trust me, THERE ARE NO SET PLANS AT THIS TIME and anyone who says otherwise simply does not know what they are talking about.

Work taking place right now is just band aid work to keep what is in service in service. CCET delivered 33 to NS yesterday Wednesday) and returned home light. Delivered 9 more this afternoon and picked up 13.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

darn YOU SCRAPPY I KNOW THE TRUTH. NS IS TAKING THE LINE BACK. THEYRE GOING TO RUN 2 100 CAR STONE TRAINS A DAY. PURNIA WILL BE 50 CARS A DAY.

scraphauler
Railroadfan...fan

Don't forget rebuilding the line to Hillsboro! :P :P :P :P :P ChooChoo comedy gold. Its gold Jerry, Gold!

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

G&W BEATING YOU TO IT. STEADY INBOUND LOADS OF ANYHDROUS TO HILLSBORO AND LYNCHBURG FOR THE LOCAL AMATEUR PHARMACISTS

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

This thread is stupid, NS will give this line up like all the others they have done.
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I like some of this thread and am pleased at how CCET has developed their line. I even like speculation but am old enough to understand that not all dreams come true.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Maybe a dream from some railroads but not for the Peavine. Purnia is going to be their long time life line. The factory is behind schedule because of building materials are hard to find as well as labor. Now the projected opening is late summer. They will have several side tracks from the peavine on the spur. There will be rail transport this is for sure five or six days a week. Someone posted on here that this may not happen. Yes it is going to happen and it has been signed off on so not sure where he received his info.

scraphauler
Railroadfan...fan

scraphauler wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:01 pm

Anything they have heard is nothing more than round house gossip, speculation, or simply made up. Purina plant is well behind schedule account of equipment shortages (goos old computer chip storage that has everything else f’ed up). It may not come on line until 2023 now. As of right now, CCET does not yet have a schedule to instal trackage, nor are there ANY plans on how traffic and interchange will be handled, or really even to what extent rail will be used. Rail WILL be a key feature, but the range of what it could be is HUGE, from just a handful of cars a day to dozens of cars a day. Lots of discussions and meetings underway and planned over next several months to begin ironing out an operating plan. But trust me, THERE ARE NO SET PLANS AT THIS TIME and anyone who says otherwise simply does not know what they are talking about.
This was posted one month ago. One month later, nothing has changed. Not sure what you think has been signed off on. Only thing signed off on is the Wetlands permit (You know, that permit that several of the so called experts on here said would never happen back when this property was being marketed). EVERYTHING ELSE is still on the negotiating table. Plant WILL be rail served - but that’s the ONLY thing known for sure at this time.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

It is my experience that more often than not actual carloads are lower than projections. I have even seen spurs installed at great expense never to see a single carload of business.
scraphauler wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:39 pm
scraphauler wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:01 pm
This was posted one month ago. One month later, nothing has changed. Not sure what you think has been signed off on. Only thing signed off on is the Wetlands permit (You know, that permit that several of the so called experts on here said would never happen back when this property was being marketed). EVERYTHING ELSE is still on the negotiating table. Plant WILL be rail served - but that’s the ONLY thing known for sure at this time.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Not going to happen here!

Paw95
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Paw95 »

CCET adds another customer to the line. McCoy lumber in Peebles is shipping raw cross ties once again by rail.

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Paw looks like the new lumber tie company along the Peavine will supply the CCET with some good business. I was up there yesterday untreated ties sitting ready to be picked up a good amount of them. If I remember correctly NS had was doing business with this company in the early 90s when the railroad decided to pull out of the Peavine because they wanted to sub out the line to a short rail. Now that the lumber company is back the CCET will do so steady business with them again.

mowingman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mowingman »

Paw95 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:27 pm
CCET adds another customer to the line. McCoy lumber in Peebles is shipping raw cross ties once again by rail.
Where are they loading, on the main? Google Maps does not show any siding at their facility.

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chapmaja »

There is a siding on the opposite side of the tracks, just east of the location. They may use that siding for unloading, as there appears to be an area of Mary St. where trucks could pull in to transfer loads from the railcar.

mowingman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mowingman »

Thanks. I can see it now on the map. It is pretty well hidden by dirt and grass.