NS Peavine talk

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NS Peavine talk

Unread post by ns8401 »

heartlandguy wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:30 pm
northstar16 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 2:43 pm
First of all Brian and others have video of the CCET and other railroads on Facebook as well it's not all about You Tube. I have seen railfans post video on the I&O, NS, CSX on You Tube as well. So not sure why some of you guys are so down on Brian and the CCET. I thought this site was to support railroads not to dish rail fans? If you don't want to watch the CCET on You Tube then watch it on Facebook or don't watch it at all. Same about the I&O. I watch the I&O videos on Facebook and enjoy watching them.
It's not about watching versus not watching. It's about "content producers" who go to unnecessary lengths to get views who end up portraying either themselves and/or their subjects in a bad light.

That video Lansing linked is a good example of this: Asselin posts a video of a train rolling over a rough stretch on the EL&S and gets over 200k views on it, loads of comments criticizing the infrastructure and how "bad" the company is, how the govt should step in, etc. The uploader gets paid from the great viewership, and the RR gets bad PR, when in reality we do not know the whole context. Is this poor segment of track known to the RR and its maintainers? Are slow orders in place? Might there even be a work window scheduled soon to repair? No one knows this except the RR, but it in the end it doesn't matter, and the damage is done. Is there a reason something like this needs to be published by a "railfan" on a large platform other than views? No, not really IMO.

I don't know the deal with JawTooth and the CCET, and frankly I don't really care, but if he has published similar videos it wouldn't surprise me that is why he has drawn the ire of employees there.
He would be a lot more productive if he called the railroad and asked about the spot to make sure they know about it. He’s openly criticizing the railroad by narrating as it’s happening... not at all cool. The difference between the crews liking the guy and hating him most likely.
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by northstar16 »

Got it but I too film trains that the people that are doing the work on the train as I can see that might be a privacy thing. I always stay away from the train on public property. The NS guys who bring cars to Clare Siding and take back cars that the CCET drops off care less if I video tape the engine or the cars or even take pictures of the engine. But I never take pictures of the crew.

As far a openly be critical about the CCET or any other railroad, Brian doesn't know the railroads. Now there one one guy who mooned Brian that worked for the CCET that was uncalled for he no longer works for the CCET.

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

More good news for the CCET as the ORDC awarded a grant for $150,000 to the CCET for construction of a 1100 foot connecting track to Purina. The project will cost around $900,000 Purina will kick in the rest as the CCET will be providing rail service to them 5 days a week.

The CCET is now hauling rock from the Quarry at Plum Run out west and taking it to the new Transloading station on Round Bottom Road. Huhtamaki has been very busy as they have expanded their lines of paper product and are also using the CCET to move product to Clare Yard for pickup by NS to Sharon Yard.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is Huhtamaki shipping outbound product by rail?
northstar16 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:38 pm
Huhtamaki has been very busy as they have expanded their lines of paper product and are also using the CCET to move product to Clare Yard for pickup by NS to Sharon Yard.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Yes they ship one time a week several box cars. I see them down at Clare all of the time during the week. NS picks them up weekly. They expanded their product line must be doing a heck of a business now that Covid is over.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

That's great news. So they still receive inbound materials by rail too?
Is Huhtamaki shipping outbound product by rail?
northstar16 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:38 pm
Huhtamaki has been very busy as they have expanded their lines of paper product and are also using the CCET to move product to Clare Yard for pickup by NS to Sharon Yard.
northstar16 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:27 pm
Yes they ship one time a week several box cars. I see them down at Clare all of the time during the week. NS picks them up weekly. They expanded their product line must be doing a heck of a business now that Covid is over.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Correct as far as I know. The boxcars going up are loaded as well as the springs on the cars are compacted. Don't think the company gets anything by truck as far as materials.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

And here I was celebrating 2 months without a single post on this railroad, LOL. Kidding!
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

BigBob’sUsedCarLot
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BigBob’sUsedCarLot »

Thought I read somewhere Purina would be 5 cars daily! This is going to become a very busy line!

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Yes five or six cars a day starting in late 2022 depending on construction. Purina should be up and running in the summer of 2022 of late fall. The CCET is starting to get ready as they have a few more engines now some still being worked on but should be in service shortly according to their crew which was down at Clare Yard last week.

The last two weeks business has slowed as not as many storage cars are showing up at Clare Yard. This business runs in spurts. Sometime 40 tankers come from Sharon Yard or hoppers lately not been the case. You just never know when a bunch come down this way. The siding was pretty bare the last few days maybe with the 4th not much moving.

Purina is really going to be good for the CCET and NS as well. NS gets a cut of everything coming or going I was told.

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Reports came out this week that the CCET may be getting two more engine's in the next two weeks most likely to pull stone from Plum Road as activity increases in the next few weeks.

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Attachments
ccet.jpg

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Look like GP15-1's.

In the video's all I see are the MP15 and GE. Where are the rest of their engines?
northstar16 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:03 pm
Reports came out this week that the CCET may be getting two more engine's in the next two weeks most likely to pull stone from Plum Road as activity increases in the next few weeks.

scraphauler
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by scraphauler »

[quote=AARR post_id=462928 time=1626641036 user_id=19

In the video's all I see are the MP15 and GE. Where are the rest of their engines?

[/quote]

What other engines are you asking about? There are only 4 - MP15 2414 and B36-7 5857 are the two primary units. B36-7 5895 is laid up for repairs waiting on parts and B23-7 was a basket case/project when bought and is slowly being put back together.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

They used to have a GP49 and a six axle unit IIRC
scraphauler wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:30 pm
AARR wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:43 pm

What other engines are you asking about? There are only 4 - MP15 2414 and B36-7 5857 are the two primary units. B36-7 5895 is laid up for repairs waiting on parts and B23-7 was a basket case/project when bought and is slowly being put back together.

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

The two red ones above they are going to be getting soon. Plus they have two on the line now that they are using two in storage from what Heypal told me last night.

scraphauler
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by scraphauler »

The GP49s and SD45s never belonged to CCET and have long since been returned to their owners. There are 2 ex NS SD40-2s stored on line for a private owner. Regardless of what the experts have said, they have never been in service or used on CCET and would take some work to get running. At this point in time they are simply stored just like any of the 100s of other railcars stored on line. The inbound GP15s are in fact new additions to the fleet. The will get decals and lettering and some other odds and ends before going in service.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you for the information
scraphauler wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:04 pm
The GP49s and SD45s never belonged to CCET and have long since been returned to their owners. There are 2 ex NS SD40-2s stored on line for a private owner. Regardless of what the experts have said, they have never been in service or used on CCET and would take some work to get running. At this point in time they are simply stored just like any of the 100s of other railcars stored on line. The inbound GP15s are in fact new additions to the fleet. The will get decals and lettering and some other odds and ends before going in service.

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

GP15-1.jpg

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

The GP15-1 makes its first haul on the lead engine going East on the Peavine to Batavia with 29 cars on the load.