NS Peavine talk

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Re: NS Peavine talk

Unread post by DaveO »

PeavineEnthusiast wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:05 am
Here's the photos. Hopefully you can access them this time. https://imgur.com/a/IsAlT8B
Much better. Looks like the old signal was last painted at the factory.

Paw95
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Paw95 »

Them signals in Sardinia are not new. They have been up since NS ran the line. WhAt I was told NS installed them not long before they cut the line. Was installed because lighting hit the old ones.

PeavineEnthusiast
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PeavineEnthusiast »

Oh, I didn't know that. That would explain why the one signal looked so bad.

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by northstar16 »

Most have been shot at and the lights have been shot out. Several signals have been taken, control boxes the wires have been vandalized, any cooper is now gone of course. Nothing last long out east that is not secured or even if it is people take it. A year ago the CCET said people were shooting a moving trains in Newtown on the outskirts.

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Talked to the boys at NS it appears that the CCET is starting to move rock from Plum Run to the transloader on Roundbottom. Saw some flat cars on the siding last week. The NS engineer stopped on the end of the rail east to pick up food at McDonalds said that they delivered flat cars most likely to load large rock from out east. Plenty of rock hoppers were down on the siding last week as well.

The CCET has picked up two powers a few weeks ago looks plenty of activity on the Peavine just like old times.

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Just watched a video on Facebook today from Jaw Tooth that showed the second load of stone coming out of Plum Run to Roundbottom Road Transloader site. Over 25 cars loaded with rock. Guess this is going to be a weekly move for the rest of the summer and fall. Good solid business for the CCET moving forward.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Watched JT's first video that had 12 loads. He said they are being emptied off the main line. Does anyone know where?
northstar16 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:31 pm
Just watched a video on Facebook today from Jaw Tooth that showed the second load of stone coming out of Plum Run to Roundbottom Road Transloader site. Over 25 cars loaded with rock. Guess this is going to be a weekly move for the rest of the summer and fall. Good solid business for the CCET moving forward.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

PeavineEnthusiast
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PeavineEnthusiast »

AARR wrote: ↑
Watched JT's first video that had 12 loads. He said they are being emptied off the main line. Does anyone know where?
Around 39.148783556510544, -84.26212200111148.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

AARR wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:27 pm
northstar16 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:31 pm
Don’t the CCET guys strongly dislike Jaw Tooth?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The E&LS employees don't care for a certain person who videos their trains
LansingRailFan wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:41 am
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

And having seen videos from both, I don't care for either.
YouTube has become the primary source of income for many.
Sensationalizing and controversy attracts more viewers which increases their ad revenue sharing from YT.

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

DaveO wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:10 am
Sensationalizing and controversy attracts more viewers which increases their ad revenue sharing from YT.
Much like the mainstream media.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:03 am
The E&LS employees don't care for a certain person who videos their trains
LansingRailFan wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:41 am
Oh yes they def don’t like him. Anyone that shines a light on things you’d rather keep in the dark or sensationalizes things that are normal occurrences can get under the skin of employees and corporations.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Nobody likes Jawtooth.
Bottom text.

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

DaveO wrote:
You can literally record a train, post it there and they will come. That being said why anyone would get weird about it and try to stir the pot is beyond me.
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

ns8401 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:27 pm
DaveO wrote:
You can literally record a train, post it there and they will come. That being said why anyone would get weird about it and try to stir the pot is beyond me.
Because it's all about the clicks. Asselin, Jaw Tooth etc... monetize themselves enough that I don't think either has full time job. Well, maybe Jaw Tooth might. Asselin has global reach which is wild to think about.

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

LansingRailFan wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:32 pm
ns8401 wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Because it's all about the clicks. Asselin, Jaw Tooth etc... monetize themselves enough that I don't think either has full time job. Well, maybe Jaw Tooth might. Asselin has global reach which is wild to think about.
What in gods name could they possibly post about to get clicks like that? Never heard of either person and wouldn’t know how to find them on there unless those are their channel names.
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

ns8401 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:22 pm
LansingRailFan wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:32 pm
ns8401 wrote:

What in gods name could they possibly post about to get clicks like that? Never heard of either person and wouldn’t know how to find them on there unless those are their channel names.
https://youtu.be/jmxQLIjO6RE

Jaw Tooth has 125k subscribers

Jason Asselin has 51.5k subscribers.

This video: https://youtu.be/8dmUyZLBNRM - has almost 206k views.

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

First of all Brian and others have video of the CCET and other railroads on Facebook as well it's not all about You Tube. I have seen railfans post video on the I&O, NS, CSX on You Tube as well. So not sure why some of you guys are so down on Brian and the CCET. I thought this site was to support railroads not to dish rail fans? If you don't want to watch the CCET on You Tube then watch it on Facebook or don't watch it at all. Same about the I&O. I watch the I&O videos on Facebook and enjoy watching them.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

northstar16 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 2:43 pm
First of all Brian and others have video of the CCET and other railroads on Facebook as well it's not all about You Tube. I have seen railfans post video on the I&O, NS, CSX on You Tube as well. So not sure why some of you guys are so down on Brian and the CCET. I thought this site was to support railroads not to dish rail fans? If you don't want to watch the CCET on You Tube then watch it on Facebook or don't watch it at all. Same about the I&O. I watch the I&O videos on Facebook and enjoy watching them.
It's not about watching versus not watching. It's about "content producers" who go to unnecessary lengths to get views who end up portraying either themselves and/or their subjects in a bad light.

That video Lansing linked is a good example of this: Asselin posts a video of a train rolling over a rough stretch on the EL&S and gets over 200k views on it, loads of comments criticizing the infrastructure and how "bad" the company is, how the govt should step in, etc. The uploader gets paid from the great viewership, and the RR gets bad PR, when in reality we do not know the whole context. Is this poor segment of track known to the RR and its maintainers? Are slow orders in place? Might there even be a work window scheduled soon to repair? No one knows this except the RR, but it in the end it doesn't matter, and the damage is done. Is there a reason something like this needs to be published by a "railfan" on a large platform other than views? No, not really IMO.

I don't know the deal with JawTooth and the CCET, and frankly I don't really care, but if he has published similar videos it wouldn't surprise me that is why he has drawn the ire of employees there.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19