IORY South End Part 4

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
Rob81
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IORY South End Part 4

Unread post by Rob81 »

LMM #55 is back in Lebanon. Currently it's sitting on the former spur at Trupointe (ex Landmark) just south of the city at US-42 and Norgal Drive. The railroad has been using the spur for the last few years to store unused cars usually the Montreal coaches. There have been 2 Montreal cars sitting there since late fall and now #55 is there as well. My 4 year old son is thrilled that the train is back in town and looks forward to many weekends sitting trackside waving while I photograh as it passes by. Hope to photograh it all the way down to Mason a few times this year.
Rob
Lebanon, Ohio

IORY_fan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by IORY_fan »

[quote="lbable"]NKP 901 will be on Lebanon for the first part of the year. CNRY 55 is down with many mechanical issues.
There are NO cab rides allowed under GW (Altho, exceptions for RR personal are acceptable. Thats system wide, not just Cinci). IO Fan keeps up better than i do, but after 55 ran the dinner train and private cars to Union terminal, i heard it had its issues were found then. Will keep posted with what i know is fact.[/quote]

CNRY 55 has been ailing for quite a WHILE with mechanical issues, it blew a power assembly or 2 while in Cincy filling in for 901 & 30 which were stored dead & drained for winter.... 901 has been up in Lebanon off an on the past 2 years as they never knew if 55 was gonna start wen they needed it for the weekend excursions as they have no back up for 55 when 901 was running dinner train.

Equipment is kept at Trupointe as they have had local vandals(aka punks) break into stored equipment by the station in Lebanon.... Its all safer outside town

IORY_fan
"Don't worry I'm pullin for ya, were all in this together"

Rob81
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Rob81 »

PIRR 2342 is currently sitting just south of the Glendale-Milford Rd crossing on the Blue Ash Sub, has 2 hoppers and 2 boxcars. Looks as though it was tied down there overnight because the rails north and south of its location are snow covered. We have had on and off flurry / snow showers since Sunday.
Rob
Lebanon, Ohio

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Wash CH Turn had another double dip of G&W orange. This time TP&W 5008 came up along with 5014 and I think 4083. About half and half Midland-DT&I traffic. No pig iron though- which I haven't seen in a week or two. Two five packs of well cars for BGF.

No clue if 5008 is going to Springfield and then north to Lima.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

5008 stayed as the WCH-A power today. 4083-5014 went to Springfield and back. They brought back maybe 20 cars plus pulled close to twenty loaded well cars from BGF.

5013 came back as the power on L3 last night for the Logan Sub. Saw a thread at TO it was on tonight's L3.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Blan Job worked the Greenfield Sub today with CFE 3887. Two for Johnson Controls in Greenfield and three loads of wax for Candle-Lite.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Repainting CIND 5003 and renumbering into I&O 5013 hasn't been the luckiest move for the Logan Sub since it arrived Monday. 5013 is one of the more rougher running of the GP50 fleet and has a reputation for slipping badly even on dry rail. They weren't thrilled to hand off the 5001 for the 5013. Tuesday night was the first time it made it's L3 run from Lancaster to Parsons and back. Unfortunately they struck a woman walking on the tracks just behind Griffin Wheel in Groveport.

The 5001 finally made it over to the Midland Sub on Thursday night as it was at Konrad this morning I was told.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

I heard the local to Urbana blowing for the crossing by Target down the road from where I work in Springfield around 8:30am this morning. I looked for the train when I got off at 2:30pm but did not see it.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Rob81
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Rob81 »

I was in Reading this afternoon and had the scanner on and heard CBNS 5007 heading south on Oasis Sub headed back to McCullough yard. Got two neat pictures behind a industrial park next to the line. Was trying to get up to Sunnybrook Drive and catch it as it passed the CPL and "Amber" sign but rush hour traffic didn't allow it. Having issues with Flickr so I hope to post soon.
Rob
Lebanon, Ohio

Rob81
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Rob81 »

Rob
Lebanon, Ohio

Rob81
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Rob81 »

Rob
Lebanon, Ohio

IORY_fan
Railroadfan...fan

[quote="Rob81"]I was in Reading this afternoon and had the scanner on and heard CBNS 5007 heading south on Oasis Sub headed back to McCullough yard. Got two neat pictures behind a industrial park next to the line. Was trying to get up to Sunnybrook Drive and catch it as it passed the CPL and "Amber" sign but rush hour traffic didn't allow it. Having issues with Flickr so I hope to post soon.[/quote]

IORY 5001 was spotted by my brother on the Valley Jct-McCoullugh Yard turn. CIND 2001 picked it up at McCoullugh so look for IORY 5011 to appear in the next few weeks and also look for IORY 5012 to appear any day now.

IORY_fan

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

AEP in Grove City got a hi wide transformer load on Friday by the WC. H-A.

Melvin Stone plans on starting the stone traffic to the Logan Sub thus month. Could be big trains twice a week.

Interesting rumor that G&W wants to build a new connection in Wash CH fir the Midland and the old Wellston to the DT&I. Track would bypass Midland diamond and the run around move it now takes. New connection would be a fairly tight curve and need to cross Paint Creek. Couple of million at minimum.

Rob81
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Rob81 »

Just a quick update about the Mason Sub. Talked to a few gentlemen while following the NRHS special Friday morning and found out that considerable money is about to be poured into the line from Reed Yard in Monroe all the way to the end of the line just south of Western Row Rd. Possible that the line may see two new customers somewhere in Mason. Unfortunately no other info at this time but said he is close to someone with city of Mason and Chamber and they are looking at trying to get the 3 empty buildings in the 42 / 741 / Bethany Rd area, one being the old Blackhawk Automotive on 42 at Bethany which had an existing siding in the rear of the property. The NRHS special was supposed to travel out to Trader's World but was scrapped because of the maintenance on the line by G&W. Seems maybe G&W see's opportunity in the Mason Sub for which all of us would say "DUHH!!". Will keep my ear to the ground and pass on what I know. I try to follow closely what's goes on business development here in Lebanon and also MAson.

-rob-
Rob
Lebanon, Ohio

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Possible new customer coming to Mason Sub. 50-50 shot it will happen.

Ended up in Wash CH on Sunday. 5014-4083-9500-4070 hanging out for the day. Crew came on later in the afternoon to work the WCH-X for a run to Grove City. 5014 took 14 pellet cars for Grove City and 6 tank cars for CPS in Mt Sterling.

Since Valero has fired up Bloomingburg to full production they have been shipping out a loaded train a week. They spotted an empty on Saturday and didn't have enough room for all of the empties, dragged them into Wash CH to wait for room.

Melvin is building new unloading pit in Logan and should be done anytime in the next 30 days. Stone will then start up shortly after.

lbable
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lbable »

midland sub wrote:Possible new customer coming to Mason Sub. 50-50 shot it will happen.
Also a very good chance of new customer on the Lebanon Sub, less thats who your talking of. unless I&O messes it up not wanting to make the run.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Yep that's the Mason Sub. Not really I&O issue at this point more of if the customer wants to change how they are doing it now. G&W will let the I&O do what it takes. Not always the railroad's fault. For example Domtar on the Midland decided to stick with truck vs rail. Faster and cheaper at the moment for them. CSX controls the rate. Mill the paper rolls are coming from struggles with shipping by rail, so decision to stick with trucks for the time being.

IORY_fan
Railroadfan...fan

SCRF GP40-2 #6412 (Ex-GTW 6412) is in Cincinnati now and will likely be going to Brookville in the coming weeks for a GWI Orange paint job. SCRF 6412 & NREX 5678 were working McCoullugh/Queensgate transfer picking up cars in Oakley around 4:30 this afternoon but they were too far away for pics...... Other note IORY 5012 is out & running & was spotted tied down on the Blue Ash sub this week. Took a spin by the shop & saw from a distance CFE 3889? and IORY 4030 now pulled from beside the shop.

IORY 5011 should emerge this week possibly and then IORY 5007 should be next in followed by SCRF 6412. Also rumored going in for paint at Brookville is: SCRF 6415(on CFE), IORY 5005(on TPW), CBNS 5009(on TPW), CIND 1111(Caboose) , & CIND 999999(Ex-CR Caboose, currently used in Mason)

IORY_fan

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Yes I filmed 6412 on its last run on the CF&E in GT paint. I was informed that it was delivered to the I&O wed evening.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Wonder what the 6412 will be renumbered to on the CFE? Too bad no one saw it coming south. I would have loved to see it on the Midland. Great that it and the 6415 will be getting new orange paint.

Probably will head over to Logan to check on the new Melvin Stone transload progress. It will be interesting to see how the tracks will hold up with the stone traffic and possible six axle power for the train. They might also just send over another four axle to just move the stone traffic.