IORY South End Part 4

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IORY South End Part 4

Unread post by midland sub »

4085-4071-4072 have been working the Wash CH Turn.

5014 WCH-A and extra power.

4070 was the Springfield power.

5013 and 3884 are the Logan Sub power. Track project on the Logan Sub around Groveport and Canal Winchester. Melvin Stone project still in limbo for Logan.

RSS 15 was repainted in G&W orange and became Raillink 1552. Ended up going to CSX at Haynes for it's next G&W assignment. Contractor is supposed to return in Jan or Feb for more loco repaints. Maybe another 10 with the six axles on top of the list. CFE GP38s are on the bottom of the list to be repainted.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:24 am
...and the surprise of 15 to 20 empty COFC and well cars along with two loaded five packs for BGF. BGF has been receiving cars with 20 ft containers, these are the first that I've seen come in empty.
At the very beginning of Scott Taipale's video are a couple of double stacks. Is that for BGF or is there another customer handling COFC traffic?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Indeed it was for BGF. Inbound containers have been parts for Honda for Marysville.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

In this video by Scott Taipale of IORY south end there is a block of 15ish open top hoppers with what looks like coal/coke.
Does anyone know anything about this movement? Where it originates (Lima)? Where it goes? How often it occurs? Typical block size?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Yes the hoppers are loaded with coke at the Lima refinery and transported down to Cincinnati in those 10-15 car blocks every couple of weeks or so. They are unloaded on a barge down the river.
Exit stage left

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you Redside
redside20 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:11 pm
Yes the hoppers are loaded with coke at the Lima refinery and transported down to Cincinnati in those 10-15 car blocks every couple of weeks or so. They are unloaded on a barge down the river.

redside20

From the very south end of the IORY in blue ash near cincinnati. a spur was just reconnected to a formal premier mail fullfillment center now called summit innovation. They will be bringing in boxcars of paper shipments for the printing of direct mailers.
Exit stage left

redside20

Exit stage left