IORY South End Part 4

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
Rob81
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IORY South End Part 4

Unread post by Rob81 »

Quick question. What is the "pool"? I hear it referenced on the I&O's main channel down here in Cincinnati.
Rob
Lebanon, Ohio

lbable
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lbable »

Rob81 wrote:Quick question. What is the "pool"? I hear it referenced on the I&O's main channel down here in Cincinnati.
Its the turn onto the Y between the VFW, the oasis, and the crossing on lester road

jallenp7
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jallenp7 »

I was looking at the plans on ODOT web site for the replacement of the bridge over 75 in Cincy and looks like the crossover at bond hill is going to be completely removed.

First is this true and is the interlocking going to be eliminated? I remember the Midland sub saying with the some cost savings that ODOT is going to help build a yard in Oakly.

I think the all the years I worked in Cincy, we only used the crossover once back in the days when we had alot of NS traffic to deal with.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Yep you can see it on the sat. views on Bing and Google.
lbable wrote:
Rob81 wrote:Quick question. What is the "pool"? I hear it referenced on the I&O's main channel down here in Cincinnati.
Its the turn onto the Y between the VFW, the oasis, and the crossing on lester road

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I haven't heard about what will happen to the crossover, but from what I was told ODOT has to replace the bridge with a similar one. Since the current one held four tracks and is now down to two, they worked out a deal for a smaller bridge and will use the money saved on that for the new Oakley yard expansion. Midland traffic will stay out of McCullough this way and make it easier to assemble trains for the Wash CH Turn.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Drove by Konrad this morning. WCH-A had the 5014 while the WCH-B crew had 4070-9400-4085. Good cut of pig iron loads and empty Melvin cars.

IORY_fan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by IORY_fan »

For those who want to know, CFE 3023 is currently sitting on the I&O's Midland sub at East Norwood awaiting a trip North on the next WCH turn job.... CFE 3023 is Ex-SCRF 6412

Also CIND 2001 has been floating around on I&O for the past week or so not sure why as its not supposed to be off CIND for any length of time(except for mechanical/inspections)

IORY_fan
"Don't worry I'm pullin for ya, were all in this together"

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

They sometimes will tell track inspector, Atlas crew or signal maintainer how far they are from them.

The weed sprayer contractor is supposed to be out.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Trafiic is picking up. They ran an extra Wash CH Turn on Sunday. CIND 2001 made the trip and led on the way back to Cincy. It took them two hours to shuffle cars enough to make it back out of Easy CH.

Valero is shipping both unit trains of ethanol and single car loads. CSX took a loaded train last Sunday. They sent five loaded tank cars to Cincy on Thursday. 44 cars of ddg were pulled Friday. Evening.

IORY_fan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by IORY_fan »

Have seen shots on trainorders of a Rockdale, Sandow & Southern(RSS) MP15 #15 now on the Logan line, the RSS is a sister operation of I&Os from Texas, the unit was shipped from the Bay Line to the IOCR(that is what the paper work said). Unit never went to McCoullugh that I am aware of so guessing it will be inspected at the IOCR Logan shop.....

a few pics that I found online of it on the Logan Line:
http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPictur ... id=3482449
http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPictur ... id=3482446
http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPictur ... id=3482447

Nathan
"Don't worry I'm pullin for ya, were all in this together"

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Forgot to post that there were renewable energy tank cars at the loading dock at the ethanol plant in Lima on Thursday along with the usual long string of covered hoppers
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Unread post by legostudios34 »

How many trains does IORY run around Cincinatti on a given day? Like say a Monday?
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

A bunch with most based out of the yard in Norwood that is not accessible without trespassing. Nothing really to see up at the yard anyway but the junk that isn't running. Check out Google and Bing maps and you can see the side streets around Norwood.

Norwood crews- but not exactly what they are called:
CSX Queensgate transfer and back
Oasis Sub
Blue Ash
Norwood yard crew
NS Sharonville transfer

The CIND brings over a transfer in the morning sometime too.

Wash CH Turn comes down the Midland at night.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Last I heard the outbound ethanol still gets handed over to CSX in Lima. I haven't seen any of the ddg come south either, but I'm not sure where it goes.
AARR wrote:Forgot to post that there were renewable energy tank cars at the loading dock at the ethanol plant in Lima on Thursday along with the usual long string of covered hoppers

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:Last I heard the outbound ethanol still gets handed over to CSX in Lima. I haven't seen any of the ddg come south either, but I'm not sure where it goes.
AARR wrote:Forgot to post that there were renewable energy tank cars at the loading dock at the ethanol plant in Lima on Thursday along with the usual long string of covered hoppers
Sunday there were a pair of tank cars (one white and the other a black Renewable Energy) and many covered hoppers. Many of the covered hoppers from Thursday were gone and in ther place different ones.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

What brings you down to the Buckeye state so much AARR?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:What brings you down to the Buckeye state so much AARR?
Mrs AARR and I shared a long weekend to Cinncy. Didn't do any railfanning other than what I could see while enroute. It was a last minute decision so didn't really have time to plan anything. Next time I'll look you up :)

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

AARR wrote:
Mrs AARR and I shared a long weekend to Cinncy. Didn't do any railfanning other than what I could see while enroute. It was a last minute decision so didn't really have time to plan anything. Next time I'll look you up :)
It might be faster to get off i75 at Bluelick rd and drive past the I&O yard, then cut through Lima. The I75 construction is a big headache and slowdown.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:
AARR wrote:
It might be faster to get off i75 at Bluelick rd and drive past the I&O yard, then cut through Lima. The I75 construction is a big headache and slowdown.
Thanks! This is exactly how I railfan when I'm with Mrs AARR. Drive-bys :D