Walbridge yard status?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Walbridge yard status?

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

Had the opportunity to take a swing by Walbridge yard on Sunday, while the large number of autoracks parked in the yard didn't surprise me, the apparent lack of cars other than autoracks did. Is that switching now done at Stanley? I also noticed that the new crew building looks to be nearly complete, which will probably mean that the current one is not long for this world.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Walbridge yard status?

Unread post by AARR »

Maybe things have changed, or maybe I don't recall correctly, but I thought one yard was for carload traffic and the other was for everything else :?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

They still do most classification at Walbridge last I knew, they do anything that they can hump there. I am not sure what Stanley is used for anymore.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

hey still do most classification at Walbridge last I knew, they do anything that they can hump there. I am not sure what Stanley is used for anymore.
Walbridge has not have a hump, or has had a hump in around 15 years. With the new 1 Plan, you see very few mixed freight in Walbridge now. It all goes over to Stanley. Even before the new 1 plan, most all mixed was at Stanley. The new "brick" has been open for two months now. I am suprised the old building is still standing. Get your photos of it now. It is supposed to come down soon.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:I am suprised the old building is still standing. Get your photos of it now. It is supposed to come down soon.
Funny - I think I've always avoided shooting the old building - guess I better go get some shots this week! :lol:

Document history while I can...

Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Blah, I mixed up the east and west yard. MDH is right, it's Walbridge that I don't know what they use for anymore.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

MagnumForce wrote:Blah, I mixed up the east and west yard. MDH is right, it's Walbridge that I don't know what they use for anymore.
You meant Matt :wink: (I just commented on Matt's comment) but Walbridge is mainly used for automotive traffic - although in this economy that's translated into a lot of autorack storage...
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

I just drove by Walbridge and Stanley, today.
Stanley was a very busy place. Walbridge was pretty tame.