ALC-42 Charger Tracking

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Re: ALC-42 Charger Tracking

Unread post by Robertrains »

Robertrains wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:01 pm
David Collins wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:20 pm

I think the 518/519 are based out of one of three places: Chicago, Jackson or Wayne
Hey, is there going to be any special power of this on somewhere between Jackson and Wayne, MI this weekend? I am looking at venturing out to Ann Arbor Saturday! it would be nice to see some nice Amtrak® equipment or "Heritage Chargers!!!!" Is there an actual "Work train" where we (Mazon and I) can view the P32s? I'd like to get something cool between Dearborn and Ann Arbor! Not going to Jackson!

Also, does anyone know anything about the "Private Varnish" supposedly sent to the ANN ARBOR Railroad®? :?: I also want to find AARR!!!! It would be great to see the special!!!! Do AARR trains usually run to Osmer on Saturdays? If so, what time usually? Do they also meet GLC on weekends too?
David Collins wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:11 pm
I meant that they’re kept in either one of the three locations, I have no clue as to where they’re at, as to where the AARR cars are at, don’t expect to have them comeback, they’ll probably be set off in Ann Arbor once they’re done and anyone of the westbound Wolverine trains will pick them and ship them west to Chicago, don’t get your hopes up please, any more info should be put in the standard Amtrak updates thread.
Well OK!!!! I knew you mentioned three places, just wondering of the possibility of their return! I'll check the "Amtrak® Updates!!!!" What about those "500 series" P32Bs with "work Trains?" OK, so there is still a chance the AARR will bring the "Private Cars" this weekend! It would be cool watching them use the connection track! I've never seen that!!!! I am hoping Amtrak® work equipment could at least be seen on the siding and then picked up! Hopefully not gone early in the afternoon before we arrive!!! :roll: Thanx! :wink:
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

The connection track in Ann Arbor has literally been gone for decades.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

Ypsi wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:40 pm
The connection track in Ann Arbor has literally been gone for decades.
Well then I guess they can't use this connection very well! It seemed like the tracks were hard to see!!!! :shock: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock:

admin edit: locking this thread per David's request.
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/