Train "Barreling" Towards SUV (Poor Reporting)

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Train "Barreling" Towards SUV (Poor Reporting)

Unread post by AARR »

Here, once again, a railroad is villainized and the danger level is clearly exaggerated. No wonder people are fed up with news sites that sensationalize stories and post "Click Bait" headlines.

The headline is Good Samaritans jump into action as train barrels toward SUV on tracks. The CSX train is street running and might be moving at 5 mph and was in the process of slowing down and even stopped before the collision point (although she had her vehicle off the tracks by then). Some of the comments at the bottom point this out (at least Fox News still allows regular people to comment).

I empathize with the woman for being scared and props to the men who jumped in and helped her get her vehicle off the tracks. But the headline is misleading and the editors/writers have no credibility.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/good-samarit ... acks-video
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Re: Train "Barreling" Towards SUV (Poor Reporting)

Unread post by DaveO »

without looking, it's the virtual railfan la grange capture.
their grab bag highlights typically use click bait titles themselves.
the vr ptz cameras often are aimed with little thought about the result.
i don't watch the grab bag videos.
i also don't watch that guy in the up that seems to attract controversy.

Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Train "Barreling" Towards SUV (Poor Reporting)

Unread post by Man o' War »

It's 2023 and imbecilic reporting is fairly common. I probably would have substituted "creeping" for "barreling", myself, but intelligent wordsmithing in the media is practically dead. Blaming the railroad here is tantamount to blaming an airplane crash on the ground...

Man o' War