West Virginia Train Derailment

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

West Virginia Train Derailment

Unread post by AARR »

West Virginia train derailment injures 3, rockslide causes fiery diesel fuel and oil spill
CSX says three crew members suffered non-life threatening injuries
https://www.foxnews.com/us/west-virgini ... -oil-spill
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan

Re: West Virginia Train Derailment

Unread post by Man o' War »

Derailment was between Sandstone and Hinton, and although not as remote as the New River Gorge west of there, still very hard to access the railroad for clean up. Near my house at Hawks Nest, the river is diverted through a penstock at the Hawks Nest dam and travels down to a hydro electric plant at Gauley Bridge many miles away. Don't seem to be too concerned at the moment regarding large scale pollution in the mighty river...

Man o' War

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: West Virginia Train Derailment

Unread post by Saturnalia »

AARR wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:57 pm
West Virginia train derailment injures 3, rockslide causes fiery diesel fuel and oil spill
CSX says three crew members suffered non-life threatening injuries
https://www.foxnews.com/us/west-virgini ... -oil-spill
They struck a rockslide. It was an empty coal train, so the only pollution will be from the diesel spill. However, the fire there is a good thing because that'll burn at least some of it off.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow