Jacksonville????

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
Littlekings
Railroadfan...fan

Jacksonville????

Unread post by Littlekings »

Any good (and safe) spots in Jacksonville FL?

Thanks

lakeshoredave
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Jacksonville????

Unread post by lakeshoredave »

Go up north to Callahan, FL or Folkston, GA on CSX.

twropr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by twropr »

The Beaver St. overhead bridge is good for photos - be aware of your surroundings (bad neighborhood).
Andy

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

Folkston and Callahan are the best spots in the whole area for CSX. If you want Norfolk southern head to Crawford which isn't far from Callahan. The Simpson yard may not be a bad option either. I think it's accessible I could be wrong. CSX runs 25-30 trains a day between folkston and callahan. NS runs I think 8-10? I could be wrong. But they seem to run a couple in the morning, a couple in the evening, and the rest at night. Amtrak also runs 6 trains a day including the famed auto train. I was here for spring break back in 2021 and I was not disappointed at all. FYI Callahan and Crawford are like 5 miles apart from each other. If you want trafifc and willing to give chase to trains head there if you want relaxation and await for action i recommend folkston. Florida East Coast (FEC) is also in Jax as their line goes south out of Jax. They run roughly 10-12 trains a day but they are a very interesting railroad. St Augustine FL wasn't a bad option to see FEC. But you will need ATCS or else you'll be seeing nothing but track. But overall Jacksonville is a great railroad town. Hope this helps

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

Dyal Hill and Dinsmore are nice places around the Jax area. Been to those spots a few times. If you want to think of it like this, if you can find Old Kings Road, you'll find trains, I guarantee it.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

Littlekings wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:32 am
Any good (and safe) spots in Jacksonville FL?

Thanks
Whatever happened to Little King’s Cream Ale? Can’t find it anywhere. Everyone says they went out of biz. Can’t find any news articles to back it up.