Pan Am CSX

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
LVrrfan
Railroadfan...fan

Pan Am CSX

Unread post by LVrrfan »

Is CSX using the former pan Am line from Mechanicsville to Deerfield? From what I see, most former pan Am traffic to and from the Albany area goes on the CSX main.

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Re: Pan Am CSX

Unread post by David Collins »

LVrrfan wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:32 am
Is CSX using the former pan Am line from Mechanicsville to Deerfield? From what I see, most former pan Am traffic to and from the Albany area goes on the CSX main.
Any Pan Am line that was actively used up until the merger is being used by CSX from what I understand.

LVrrfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LVrrfan »

Does NS still hand off trains in Mechanicville or do they go somewhere else?

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

David Collins wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:09 am
LVrrfan wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:32 am
Any Pan Am line that was actively used up until the merger is being used by CSX from what I understand.
Yes. I think there’s been a couple of trains that have been rerouted onto CSX lines as almost all of PAR track was 10-25 mph tops but otherwise it’s all still in use.

They took an entire unit train of new ties up there this year because the track conditions were so bad.

PortOrangeFEC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PortOrangeFEC »

CSX on Pan Am is using Pan Am symbols. I know RJED is still running so I would believe MOED is also. CSX is rerouting some trains to upgrade ex-Pan Am track to 40mph. It is confusing as trains to/thru Ayer & Worcester are changed or combined.