Railfan tampers with switches and films it...

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Railfan tampers with switches and films it...

Unread post by David Collins »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMJIaZcQNEc

This dude got "grounded" for two weeks, should've gotten his butt locked up in my opinion.

Talk
Keeps Talking

Re: Railfan tampers with switches and films it...

Unread post by Talk »

He clearly has some sort of mental condition. It doesn't excuse anything, but I feel like berating him on an online forum isn't the proper way to teach him anything.

And do you think BNSF will press charges on a Special Needs Kid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QmDtGTV09o

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Talk wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 8:41 am
...And do you think BNSF will press charges on a Special Needs Kid?
Well I mean what he did was illegal and could've caused a derailment, If I was an employee in the higher-ups in BNSF, I sure as heck would, no matter if they were special needs or not.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Maybe not "lock him up" but I am sure something else can be arranged
David Collins wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 7:57 am

This dude got "grounded" for two weeks, should've gotten his butt locked up in my opinion.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

YouTube account should be removed. That would hurt him the most.

Talk
Keeps Talking

Unread post by Talk »

David Collins wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 8:55 am
Talk wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 8:41 am
...And do you think BNSF will press charges on a Special Needs Kid?
Well I mean what he did was illegal and could've caused a derailment, If I was an employee in the higher-ups in BNSF, I sure as heck would, no matter if they were special needs or not.
You can bet your a** that there will be a news story talking about the railroad trying to arrest a special needs kid for a victimless crime. If something did derail, that's different, but nothing has happened. Yes it's illegal, but at what point is it not worth the trouble. Send him to juvy, Ruin his life because he didn't know any better. Plus, what crime would he get charged with? Trespassing? He hasn't broken anything or caused harm to anyone yet. I'm sure a fine & parent contact is all that would be required.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Send him to juvy,.

Juvy could be like a vacation from the offenders perspective. Something that guarantees to cause pain might be more effective in changing mindsets.

Chip
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Chip »

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 9:24 am
Send him to juvy,.

Juvy could be like a vacation from the offenders perspective. Something that guarantees to cause pain might be more effective in changing mindsets.
From my experience with kids that age from dealing with my POS step brother it doesn't help, it makes it worse. Granted he isn't special needs but that would only complicate things.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

David Collins wrote:

How do you know he was grounded for two weeks?

And you’re autistic, do you think he has a clear understanding of FRA rules and regs enough to understand what he’s doing is wrong? I mean, the switch is lined back the way it was, correct? He’s clearly justifying it that everything is ok.
Last edited by LansingRailFan on Mon May 09, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

DaveO wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 9:06 am
His YouTube account is 100% criminal. I mean, have you seen his video where he gives the viewer a detailed tour of a dirty port a potty? Lol or what about the video, over four minutes long, waiting for a clock to strike 12:00?

Clearly his parents thought this was healthy, giving him a cell phone and letting him post garbage onto YouTube lol.

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

LansingRailFan wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:30 pm
David Collins wrote:

How do you know he was grounded for two weeks?
It was mentioned somewhere, don't remember where

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

LansingRailFan wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:30 pm
And you’re autistic, do you think he has a clear understanding of FRA rules and regs enough to understand what he’s doing is wrong? I mean, the switch is lined back the way it was, correct? He’s clearly justifying it that everything is ok.
Sorry I'm just getting to this, Here's what I think and it's probably going to be quite unpopular, There are next-to-no videos on the internet of someone that is NOT a railroad employee climbing inside a locomotive or throwing a switch that does NOT have written permission from a railroad employee or the railroad itself. This kid is probably being influenced by YouTube videos (like Danny Harmon when he shows railroad employees throwing switches) and is thinking whatever they're doing is ok for him to do, when in reality, it isn't. It doesn't matter if he lined it back or not, it's still something that should be punishable, no matter if you've got autism or not, like what CRD said earlier.

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

Too many excuses.

Chip
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Chip »

Look, you want to give the kid a ticket for trespassing then fine, whatever. He's somewhere he's not supposed to be on private property. If he does it again then escalate it from there. If YouTube wants to ban his account I have little problem with that as well.

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

I honestly don’t care if you’re trespassing on ballast or even on tracks. But when I care is when I see kids trainhopping or playing with switches like the article said. I remember last summer calling CSX police about some kids trainhopping on Q132 in Plymouth. Very dangerous and stupid to say the least

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

LansingRailFan wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:37 pm
DaveO wrote:
His YouTube account is 100% criminal. I mean, have you seen his video where he gives the viewer a detailed tour of a dirty port a potty? Lol or what about the video, over four minutes long, waiting for a clock to strike 12:00?

Clearly his parents thought this was healthy, giving him a cell phone and letting him post garbage onto YouTube lol.
Literally if it’s on the internet eventually karma will come to him. With social media it’s a lot more easy to track people down like that don’t worry cops will show up at his house and the family will have to go to court end up with a huge fine and the kid will have his internet privileges taken from him. I have Asperger’s which is little form of autism and I know what to post and not to post on the internet and I know what’s right and wrong

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

In case no one has tried the link, the video was removed by the user.
That being a smart choice. Hopefully he keeps making smart choices.

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

DaveO wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:00 am
Thank god…. Or maybe YouTube took it down who knows

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

CSXBOY wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:45 am
LansingRailFan wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:37 pm
DaveO wrote:

Literally if it’s on the internet eventually karma will come to him. With social media it’s a lot more easy to track people down like that don’t worry cops will show up at his house and the family will have to go to court end up with a huge fine and the kid will have his internet privileges taken from him. I have Asperger’s which is little form of autism and I know what to post and not to post on the internet and I know what’s right and wrong
Yeah I saw video of this kid once in Plymouth wasted drinking White Claws with his friends on the tracks. And of course there’s the infamous video of the kids throwing rocks at the CSX DPUs in Deshler. That was on VRF lmao

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

CSXBOY wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:36 pm
DaveO wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:00 am
Thank god…. Or maybe YouTube took it down who knows
If it says it was removed by the uploader, which it does, then it was removed by the uploader. If YouTube removed it, they'd state that it was removed for violating their rules.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow