CP to Buy KCS

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Re: CP to Buy KCS

Unread post by David Collins »

The new CPKC paint job, almost looks like the 1990's era Northwest Airlines livery to me.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Last edited by David Collins on Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talk
Keeps Talking

Unread post by Talk »

David Collins wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:23 am
The new CPKC paint job, almost looks like the 1990's era Northwest Airlines livery to me.
Source? I think you're jumping the gun a bit lol

Looks like KCS Belle Paint To Me

You can literally see the lines on the nose also

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Talk wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:09 am
David Collins wrote:
It was sent to me, guess I was wrong lol

Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Man o' War »

The new CPKC paint scheme will be red on the top, like the photo you posted. It will also be red on the bottom and will say "Canadian Pacific" on the side. So, you were almost half right...

Man o' War

redcrumbox
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by redcrumbox »

atrainguy60 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:25 pm

Also, they're aiming to start hotshot perishable service between Chicago and Mexico later this spring.

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews ... shipments/
They will need more investments because Mexico lacks refrigerated storage facilities that are essential for the perishable food trade.

I would expect more carloads of Canadian canola to Mexico. Canada’s canola export to Mexico by rail was a little over 10% in 2022. Room for growth right there.
Old EMD’s are the gift that keeps on giving.

ogauge47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ogauge47 »

David Collins wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:13 am
Talk wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:09 am
David Collins wrote:
It was sent to me, guess I was wrong lol
So you randomly reposted a photo without ascertaining proper context, assuming it was something it was not?

redcrumbox
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by redcrumbox »

Does it make much difference how they’re painted? I do hope everything including the F40s get the Golden Beaver!
Old EMD’s are the gift that keeps on giving.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

redcrumbox wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:50 am
Does it make much difference how they’re painted? I do hope everything including the F40s get the Golden Beaver!
No we don't want the "Golden Beaver" too much!!!! What about Panama Canal Railway®? :?: I never saw them listed in any reports of the buyout! They are the ones with ex Amtrak® F40PHs! What about KCS F-units? Well supposedly CP is officially buying KCS tomorrow, April 14th! Is this still happening? :?: What kind of changes to operations? I really don't want to see KCS go away! I did not chase them much in my life!!!! :(
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

It's here boys...I like it
Attachments
IMG_6319.jpeg
Last edited by David Collins on Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

David Collins wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:39 pm
It's here boys...I like it
FWIW, here's a full Trains article on it.

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews ... ed-system/

Talk
Keeps Talking

Unread post by Talk »

Good Riddance

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Talk wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:51 am
Good Riddance
To which one?

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

atrainguy60 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:29 pm
Talk wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:51 am
Good Riddance
To which one?
Huh, "Good Riddance?" I don't think that seems as good! :roll: We will see how the future happens! The "Golden Beaver" is just fine! :wink: At least KCS/KCSM are represented on the new logo!!!! But, are we done seeing new "Southern Belle" units? :( Weird thing, on Tuesday (4-11-23) I wanted to check Conrail Sterling Yard, Sterling Heights! Luckily there was a KCS "Southern Belle" unit in the yard, KCS AC44CW #4578!!!! What are the odds seeing this railroad's unit in MI the week of the CP buyout? COOL!!!! :shock:

Alright, I posted about Panama Canal Railway®! Does anyone know what is happening with them? :?: Nothing anywhere is mentioned about PCRC!!!!

CP has some nice painted engines, but many GEs have gotten very dirty over the years! Hopefully that won't continue! 😜 😭 🙁 😕 😳 🤯 🤪 😜 😭 🙁 😕 😳 🤯 🤪
I wonder what will happen to all the F-units on both carriers! I went in 2017, with "Railfan" Gary Sample, to catch the CP 150 Train in Canada! This was an awesome trip! Check out this picture (Mamiya Medium Format, Fujichrome E-6 transparency) that I (RLJ II) took of that train, August 6, 2017, Thunder Bay, Ontario:
Imagehttp://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=5396063

Here is a good night shot the night before (same exact location) of the CP 150 Train that I (RLJ II) took, Thunder Bay, ON, August 5, 2017 (Mamiya Medium Format): Image
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=5396059

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by joeyuboats »

This may be a dumb question, but-- over who's track did CP get to K.C.? I know SOO and MILW were in Chicago, but did they use MILW's west from Chicago, or SOO's, or did they go south from the Twin Cities, or was another routing involved?

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

joeyuboats wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:38 pm
This may be a dumb question, but-- over who's track did CP get to K.C.? I know SOO and MILW were in Chicago, but did they use MILW's west from Chicago, or SOO's, or did they go south from the Twin Cities, or was another routing involved?
IIRC, all of CP's lines east of the Twin Cities, including around Chicago and K.C., are former MILW. In the 80s, SOO got the remaining eastern MILW lines, hence CP ownership of most of them today. The original SOO lines east of the Twin Cities to Chicago mostly became Wisconsin Central in the late 80s, and of those the ones that still exist are now CN.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Try getting this in 2023!!!! Here's a shot that I (RLJ II) took in March 2008 with my late Dad (RCJ I)! My only time catching a pair of TFM SD70MACs (KCS owned)!
Seen at Corpus Christi in March 2008 (Canon 35mm S.L.R....Kodachrome® 64 slide film):
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=6000374

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

This just came out from CPKC's diversity manager, Jim Vena, in an interview with Sun news: "We plan on painting more locomotives with different liveries to celebrate contrasting parts of our railroad's history".

Essentially, CPKC is going to have heritage fleet and probably some special interest units thrown in there, count the steam engine they said they would restore, and it's going to be the foamiest railroad in North/South America!

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

David Collins wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:01 pm
This just came out from CPKC's diversity manager, Jim Vena, in an interview with Sun news: "We plan on painting more locomotives with different liveries to celebrate contrasting parts of our railroad's history".

Essentially, CPKC is going to have heritage fleet and probably some special interest units thrown in there, count the steam engine they said they would restore, and it's going to be the foamiest railroad in North/South America!
This would be cool to see! CP "Empress" 4-6-4 #2816 still has lots of work before the planned trip in Canada, United States and Mexico!!!!! I plan on catching it with "Railfan Gary" at some point on its journey! Maybe even a second time and trip with "Mazon!!!!!" :mrgreen: Now, is the KCS F-units/Business Train staying painted as it is currently (if anyone knows)? I suppose CP's is staying the same! They should keep each railroad's "Business Trains" exactly the same!!!! Who knows? :?: What about future CP or KCS "Christmas Trains?" :?: I suppose we will all just have to wait and find out! :shock: I myself have never really "Railfanned" KCS! I have seen some of their trains, but not very many over the years! :roll: Well, exciting times for the "Historic" occasion for the combination of two railroads from the 1880s!!!! 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

David Collins wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:01 pm
the foamiest railroad in North/South America!
Mexico is in North America.

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

New livery is being unveiled tomorrow (6/28/23). I’m actually really interested to see what they chose.
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k