NS Idling Linwood Hump; Further Service Changes Expected

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

NS Idling Linwood Hump; Further Service Changes Expected

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

Due to the sharp drop in demand across the economy, NS Service Design has begun individual evaluations of various yard and terminal facilities across the network. Linwood Terminal in North Carolina will have its hump idled, eliminating 85 jobs. Bellevue Yard in Sandusky has also completed a similar review, with service design changes scheduled to be released later this month. The Linwood Terminal will remain open to support local customers.

NS believes these changes will allow for a more efficient and responsive railroad post-pandemic.

https://www.progressiverailroading.com/ ... Update.pdf
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NS Idling Linwood Hump; Further Service Changes Expected

Unread post by arty flowers »

Yes its too bad their doing this but times are slow. Right now they are experimenting with flat switching at bellevue hump, and although one bowl remains open. flat switching is not going very smoothly right but you theyll figure something out to mess with employees heads. They will not get rid of the humps as they will need them somewhere down the line