Train vs. Semi

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Train vs. Semi

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Chick is screaming like some is being murdered. No one was in the truck.
http://jalopnik.com/5908156/terrifying- ... socialflow
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Re: Train vs. Semi

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Dang

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

That lady is very very very irratating.

Despite what the title says I did not find the crash terrifying but rather quite cool 8)

I see what you guys mean that it takes a loaded train a long time to stop when traveling at speed.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Fox News will show a segment about it here shortly after 7:30 PM EDT
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

MQT3001 wrote:Fox News will show a segment about it here shortly after 7:30 PM EDT
Wow....nice little 60 second segment. Anyhow, apparently there have been around a half dozen similar wrecks at that corssing in recent years, and semis aren't even supposed to cross there. This truck was hauling cotton BTW. The crossing will apparently be closed.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

DelayInBlock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DelayInBlock »

I uploaded it to my Channel with a less shaky edit:

Delay In Block Productions: "Railroading a Little Different than Usual."

Visit my YouTube Channel and Subscribe: http://www.YouTube.com/user/DelayInBlock
Like My Page on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/DelayInBlockProductions

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Eliminate the competition. Interstate trucking needs to be outlawed. I am so sick of seeing shredded tires on the side of the road or a semi going 61 passing a semi going 60. Don't even get me started on Con-way, every time I see the the driver is reckless and endangering other motorists.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:...or a semi going 61 passing a semi going 60.
I agree, this is most irratating. I have heard that truckers do this on purpose as a protest of something regulation they deem unfair. Anyone know if this is true and what the issue might be?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

AARR wrote:
alittlevanwerty wrote:...or a semi going 61 passing a semi going 60.
I agree, this is most irratating. I have heard that truckers do this on purpose as a protest of something regulation they deem unfair. Anyone know if this is true and what the issue might be?
Probably not a protest.

Many trucks on the road today that are fleet owned have recorders, governors and/or GPS systems on board. If the driver is speeding, disciplinary action can be taken. The higher cost of fuel and price competition from rail has reduced the desire of independent truckers to drive at higher speeds. There is no longer any cost benefit to speeding.

When you see one truck passing at a slightly higher speed, you may be witnessing variation in the speed limiting technologies between trucks (think of the speedometer error in your own car) or the slower truck is heavily ladened and cannot maintain the limit.

12Bridge
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 12Bridge »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Eliminate the competition. Interstate trucking needs to be outlawed. I am so sick of seeing shredded tires on the side of the road or a semi going 61 passing a semi going 60. Don't even get me started on Con-way, every time I see the the driver is reckless and endangering other motorists.
It will never happen, nor should it. There is more then enough hole in the butt truckers out there, but theres still plenty of good ones to. I have no issues with them as long as they follow the same rules.

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Eliminate the competition. Interstate trucking needs to be outlawed.
Yes, because eliminating the competition always works out better for consumers in the end..... :roll:

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

tlapteditor wrote:I uploaded it to my Channel with a less shaky edit:
Should have fixed the audio or too bad her mouth didn't catch one of those flying bales of cotton...my goodness.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

[/quote]

Should have fixed the audio or too bad her mouth didn't catch one of those flying bales of cotton...my goodness.[/quote]

From the audio track, I don't think one bale would have been near enough. :lol: