Everyone's 5 best railfanning photos of 2022

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Everyone's 5 best railfanning photos of 2022

Unread post by David Collins »

I thought today I should post 5 of my favorite railfanning photos I've taken in the year 2022. I'd like to see everyone's too! I'll go first:

ImageDollar store Polar Express by David R. Collins, on Flickr

Amtrak 350 races north by Bloomfield Hills with an interesting consist in tow, including a locomotive on the tail.

ImageM-dashing through the snow-2 by David R. Collins, on Flickr

I gotta work on better captions, aaaaaanyway, here's CN E251 with 2 CN SD70M-2's giving it all they've got up the hill in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan during an unusually heavy snowshower for this time of year.

ImageCreamsicle by David R. Collins, on Flickr

After 6+ failed attempts over the last 4 years, NS 8105 is finally checked off of my heritage unit bucket list as it ducks under an overpass while leading 60T by the Toledo Union Station on National Train Day.

ImageThe stuff of dreams by David R. Collins, on Flickr

I have NEVER seen an Illinois Central SD70, and when I heard there was going to be not one, but TWO of them leading E251, I couldn't pass this oppurtunity up. Taken in Pontiac, Michigan.

ImageOld and Older by David R. Collins, on Flickr

Fort Madison, Iowa is very proud of their tracks that run through their turn, Which is former Santa Fe. So naturally they have a caboose and a 2-10-4 steam locomotive on display, but when I saw a somewhat common Ex Santa Fe warbonnet Dash 8 which was serving as one of the rear DPU's on this eastbound manifest rounding the curve, I couldn't pass this opportunity up to get a picture of two true Santa Fe workhorses next to each other.