Problems with RRPictureArchives Verification

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
GTW Dude
Railroadfan...fan

Problems with RRPictureArchives Verification

Unread post by GTW Dude »

Way back in January, I sent a verification photo to RRPictureArchives.com so i could be approved to post photos. My verification photo was of Lapeer industrial #5 hauling hoppers at Lapeer (nothing too ordinary or unordinary so i thought it would fit nicely) Over the months i have checked to see if my account had been verified but now here i am almost 6 months later and it still says, "Your photo is awaiting verification". does anyone know how to fix this or have the RRPicturearchives admins gone offline? I wouldn't suspect a verification of a website like this would take more than 2 weeks at most. I have several photos of locomotives and equipment including old slides and such that haven't been updated in years which i would like to provide to the website.

If anyone could help it would be awesome, Thanks again.

-Gabe

amessmann
Signal Maintainer

Re: Problems with RRPictureArchives Verification

Unread post by amessmann »

I came here with the same issue, I tried setting up an account but it was never approved. IIRC the registration page basically said they have enough modern photos and are more inclined to approve people who have old photos.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I gave up on RRPA long ago. Flickr doesn't quite have the organization that RRPA has, but if you tag your photos correctly, it can be just as useful.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

Try emailing Tim Huemmer, he has responded to my emails in the past fairly quick. It is my understanding that he is a busy guy and the website is just a hobby.
info@rrpicturearchives.net

I really only use the site for the organization. I never really liked the Flickr interface. I wish we had a dedicated railroad photo site that combined both...
amessmann wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:08 am
IIRC the registration page basically said they have enough modern photos and are more inclined to approve people who have old photos.
I don't remember having to be verified when I signed up, but that like 6-7 years ago... That must be new. I wonder if they are having space issues?

Update: Just tried to see what the registration page looks like...looks the same as it did in 2014-2015. Are you guys getting RRPA confused with RailPictures.Net?
rrpictures.JPG

GTW Dude
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTW Dude »

NS3322 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:25 pm
Try emailing Tim Huemmer, he has responded to my emails in the past fairly quick. It is my understanding that he is a busy guy and the website is just a hobby.
info@rrpicturearchives.net

I really only use the site for the organization. I never really liked the Flickr interface. I wish we had a dedicated railroad photo site that combined both...
amessmann wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:08 am
IIRC the registration page basically said they have enough modern photos and are more inclined to approve people who have old photos.
I don't remember having to be verified when I signed up, but that like 6-7 years ago... That must be new. I wonder if they are having space issues?

Update: Just tried to see what the registration page looks like...looks the same as it did in 2014-2015. Are you guys getting RRPA confused with RailPictures.Net?
rrpictures.JPG
No, I’m looking at the registration for RRPA not Railpics.

amessmann
Signal Maintainer

Unread post by amessmann »

GTW Dude wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 11:32 am
No, I’m looking at the registration for RRPA not Railpics.
Same here, but I did just set up an account on RailPictures.net. Thank you for the help everybody.