Times have changed, AAShow

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
sandpatch1
Railroadfan...fan

Times have changed, AAShow

Unread post by sandpatch1 »

Well this shows how times have changed. Years ago the tpoic of the AA show would start in January and go till march, but this years Nada,zilch,Zippo,nothing,
The crowd was big, and i sold more than i can remember, and BEST part, saw a lot of old friends I haven’t seen since covid. But missing a few friends since then, Never Forget. I got the best AA t shirt rver from the AA historical group.

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Times have changed, AAShow

Unread post by Garry K »

I only made it to the show at Saline Middle School on Sunday. Other members of Rails on Wheels who were selling stuff at that show said they sold a lot more stuff on Saturday, and other vendors had the same comments.

I was happy, though, I managed to buy 3 HO scale school buses that will be used on a module that will have a figure-8 race track like Flat Rock Speedway. (I love watching the figure-8 school bus races there!) Also got some HO swing dancers, yet another Ann Arbor Railroad 2-bay covered hopper (I only have 45 of them now), and an ORER from 1979. Also bought a couple of orange tote bags for the DT&I and the AA. And bought a sanding tower and some decals from a couple of the RoW members.

The food service at the Middle School has really slipped, though. I bought a hamburger and a cheeseburger from the cafeteria at the school, and they were dried out from probably being on the warming rack for way too long. I should have gone in with other RoW members who ordered lunch from a local Mexican restaurant.

Garry K

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Are you modeling every 2-bay covered hopper in the AA prototype fleet? :wink:
Garry K wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:11 pm
yet another Ann Arbor Railroad 2-bay covered hopper (I only have 45 of them now),
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

AARR wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:11 pm
Are you modeling every 2-bay covered hopper in the AA prototype fleet? :wink:
Garry K wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:11 pm
yet another Ann Arbor Railroad 2-bay covered hopper (I only have 45 of them now),
The old Ann Arbor Railroad had around 200 2-bay covered hoppers. Maybe someday I'll have models of all of them! But besides the AA 2-bay covered hoppers, I also have 27 of the 2-bay covered hoppers for other railroads or private owners, so I probably have enough of that type of car.

Garry K

fmilhaupt
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by fmilhaupt »

Yeah, Garry, the chicken sandwich was bad too-- it was the most miserable dried-out thing I've tried to eat for as long as I can remember. At least the sausage with onions and peppers was tasty.

There were quite a few vendors with especially well-priced stuff this year, and a decent variety to choose from. I had a few specific tools I'd hoped to buy, but Armstrong Tool called off sick at the last minute. Funaro & Camerlengo actually made it again this year, but they haven't added anything new recently that I need, and I still have a couple dozen F&C kits I haven't started. I was surprised to see two dealers with new Tangent and Scale Trains stuff.

One of the guys with a couple of tables across from mine sold out of merchandise by 1:00pm Saturday. The folks next to his tables simply expanded their stuff into the empty space for the rest of the weekend.

I had no trouble finding things to buy, but I'd promised myself that I anything I bought would have to take up less space than what I sold and I stuck to that.

There was a great turnout, I sold more than I'd hoped and I was able to catch up with old friends, so it was a good weekend.
-Fritz Milhaupt