Soundtraxx Econami DCC Sound install

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
Micah_D
The Railroad Empire

Soundtraxx Econami DCC Sound install

Unread post by Micah_D »

I recently installed an Econami DCC Sound decoder in my Proto 2000 Union Pacific SD60M. I purchased the ECO-PNP 882004 decoder with a 28mm 8ohm round speaker with enclosure. I have also replaced the LEDs in the locomotive. I am very happy with the final product and sound of the locomotive. I have attached some pictures of the process of installing the decoder along with an unlisted YouTube video on the locomotive.

- Micah

https://youtu.be/QfNrFY8YQXw
Attachments
PXL_20220401_040257489.jpg
PXL_20220401_040246785.jpg

GRHC
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Soundtraxx Econami DCC Sound install

Unread post by GRHC »

Micah_D wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:46 am
I recently installed an Econami DCC Sound decoder in my Proto 2000 Union Pacific SD60M. I purchased the ECO-PNP 882004 decoder with a 28mm 8ohm round speaker with enclosure. I have also replaced the LEDs in the locomotive. I am very happy with the final product and sound of the locomotive. I have attached some pictures of the process of installing the decoder along with an unlisted YouTube video on the locomotive.

- Micah

https://youtu.be/QfNrFY8YQXw
I used the same decoder to replace the original QSI decoder in a Walters Proto 2000 GP7 and had great results.

I’ve also have HO scale Walters 90 ton American crane that was too small to install a sound decoder so I built a sound car that I run with it and I used the same decoder.

Micah_D
The Railroad Empire

Unread post by Micah_D »

Awesome GR H & C! It really is a great decoder with so many different options and choices. Which speaker/s did you go with?

GRHC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GRHC »

Micah_D wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:18 am
Awesome GR H & C! It really is a great decoder with so many different options and choices. Which speaker/s did you go with?
I reappropriated a speaker from a burned out DigiTrax SDXH166D sound decoder.

I checked out the video your locomotive sounds great nice job.

I also have a second sound car for my Bachmann spectrum climax 50 Ton steam locomotive that was DCC only equipped. For that sound car I use the DigiTrax sound decoder because it has the steam locomotive options.

And last but not least my railroad has a home built diesel locomotive from a converted inter-urban freight/passenger motor. I used the soundtraxx decoder for that project.
The home built locomotive is a non powered unit with sound. I have one other locomotive on my layout that’s DCC only so I run it with that one.
Last edited by GRHC on Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KVERBERK »

Looks good! Sounds good!
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan