Since we're showing off motive power...

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
fmilhaupt
Railroadfan...fan

Since we're showing off motive power...

Unread post by fmilhaupt »

In 2020 I finished painting the last of the eight GP35s that the Wabash acquired before its merger into the N&W in 1964.

The last six of eight Wabash GP35s, shown in the Operations Road Show Fiddle Yard

Just two E8s to finish in solid blue, then I'll be done with Wabash and Monon motive power and can get back to working on Pere Marquette power for myself after a 20+ year hiatus.
-Fritz Milhaupt

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Since we're showing off motive power...

Unread post by KVERBERK »

Wow those are some nice looking locomotives! The GP35 has always been one of my favorites.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Those sure are nice to look at!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

fmilhaupt
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by fmilhaupt »

Thanks, guys!

This project started out with the idea of making two GP35s to augment the two we already had. I got a good deal on a pair of Kato GP35s at a train show in early 2019.

Later that summer, I was offered four more undecs at a very good price from an estate that a friend was liquidating, so sez I, "why not have all eight?" It turned out to be more effort to get six sets of decals than to get the undec motive power, which was still not much. Things pretty much fell into place.

While I still have a good stock of Floquil on hand, this was my first big project using Scalecoat II. I'm happy with how it turned out.
-Fritz Milhaupt