Lack of support for Walthers & Proto locos

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
sandpatch1
Railroadfan...fan

Lack of support for Walthers & Proto locos

Unread post by sandpatch1 »

I have a SD-50 Athearn RTR and a Walthers Proto U28B . I just wanted to find a radiator fan for the 50 ,a get a sound weight for the 28..
yet neither site provides a parts list,or a DIAGRAM of the locomotives, Does that require so much bandwidth that it would cause financial ruin? We lose things like paperwork. I have time to do a few projects and thought this would be simple, find the part get the number and start looking. BUT without the diagram to see the locomotive parts needed to upgrade to sound, Replace the weight, and Order a fan. It's a dead end.. I search the World Wide Web and found diagrams for older Athearn & Proto all on one site but none for later engines, are they trade secrets we can't see? Copyright issues? I know it's a RTR world but sometimes it's fun to play blacksmith and upgrade a locomotive, or fix a lost part rather than scrap it and buy a new one.
Has anybody found a secret site for this info? Thanks dave j

Trainman2223
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Lack of support for Walthers & Proto locos

Unread post by Trainman2223 »

SD-50 Athearn RTR... if its the 2003 flavor..... radiator fan is part# G63850 "Q fan set"

https://hoseeker.net/assemblyexplosionA ... tr2003.jpg

https://hoseeker.net/athearn.htm

Best of luck finding Walthers diagrams....try, try & try again on ebay might get lucky finding parts or maybe a cheep "parts only" loco
Semper Fi

“I bought a perfect second car... a tow truck.”
Rodney Dangerfield

sandpatch1
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Lack of support for Walthers & Proto locos

Unread post by sandpatch1 »

Thank you Trainman2223,,, the box has a 2006 date on it but at least I have a part number for Athearn to tell me its out of stock, out of mind..
jd ,