Grand River Valley Railroad Club Train Show (10/9/21)

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Grand River Valley Railroad Club Train Show (10/9/21)

Unread post by MQT1223 »

The Grand River Valley Model Railroad Club is holding their annual show at the Homeschool Building at the corner of Burlingame Ave and Gezon Parkway on October 9th, 2021. Hope to see some of you there!

This is expected to be the largest show in the club's history, and will either be the 2nd or 3rd largest this year in the state with nearly double the amount of tables and venders then normal, along with some operating displays present.

Let me say that EVERY available bit of space is being used for this show. While we are not going to rival the Lansing show by any means, this show should be a good one and will not want to be missed.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Grand River Valley Railroad Club Train Show (10/9/21)

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Bump bump!

Next Saturday! Come one, come all!

We have 88 vendors lined up covering 264 tables! As Max mentioned, we have squeezed vendors into every available space, including some of the classrooms...and we had to move the display layouts into classrooms, too!

The show will be open from 10 to 3.

Adults are $5 each, kids under 12 are free. We appreciate your support by coming out, this is definitely our biggest fundraiser of the year, and in return, we hope to put on a great show for you, whether you're buying, selling, or both!
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

sandpatch1
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by sandpatch1 »

any review of how the show was?

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

sandpatch1 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:05 pm
any review of how the show was?
I thought it was a good show- definitely worth the trip. I didn't see too many dealers, although there were a handful. The majority of the vendors I saw seemed to be selling stuff for themselves or family/friends.

I was also impressed by how many layouts they had, even though the layouts weren't in the same room as most of the vendors. It was the first time I've come across a Lionel layout on the floor at a show, although I thought Max pulled that off pretty well, all things considered...
~ Charles W.

sandpatch1
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by sandpatch1 »

Excellent, good shows are just a bunch of guys who have to much stuff and getting rid of it.. Actually , I think all the stuff just moves one table to the right.. and will be back next year with the " what was I thinking" excuse. Best kind of show. I thought they cancelled the layouts to have more tables. good to see the layouts were present.. Great for newbies to see the quality work.. jd