My New Locos + Layout Update

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

My New Locos + Layout Update

Unread post by Racer »

After a great day of railfanning in town, I came home with a package from Walthers! :D I opened it where my locos that I ordered were inside. I put them on the track and they are great runners for my locals and switching!

My CSX B30-7; Still gotta swap-out the couplers with "Horn hooks" to work with the rest of my stuff.

My CSX GP38.

It has been awhile seince I have posted any progress shots, but things are coming along nicely. If I haven't already stated, my layout's setting is CSX/ CP and Conrail in Grand Rapids in the mid-1990s.

East-end of Wyoming Yard and West Olive Coal Plant. Also, GM Fisher Body and Grand Central where the Conrail line ends on my layout.

West-end of Wyoming Yard with the Conrail Grand Rapids Secondary in the middle. You can see where the Conrail units are parked and yard tracks (Off camera on the right) is Hughart Yard.

Amtrak station and a scrap dealer that Conrail and CSX serve. You can also see where the Conrail line merges to run Z-trains into Wyoming Yard and where the CSX/CP/Amtrak continues to Waverly, Holland, and West Olive, then loops into the east-end of Wyoming Yard.

And finally, an overveiw of the entire layout. I know it maybe small and not fully "Proto.", but I like it!
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

Stitch
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Stitch »

As long as you get enjoyment out of the layout thats what counts.
Railpictures.net contributions -
Railroad Picture Archives.net - http://crow_t_robot.rrpicturearchives.net/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Spawn674 - I need a better video camera

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Still gotta swap-out the couplers with "Horn hooks" to work with the rest of my stuff.
Say it ant so Chris, swap them over to micro trains, I will be better in the long run, then keeping the rapido coupler.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

nsted1582
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by nsted1582 »

looks good chris

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:
Still gotta swap-out the couplers with "Horn hooks" to work with the rest of my stuff.
Say it ant so Chris, swap them over to micro trains, I will be better in the long run, then keeping the rapido coupler.
Everything except that B30-7 is rapido couplers! Some of the cars I have are discontinued as far as conversion kits go. Besides, I have pretty much all of my rollingstock I want on my layout except for coal cars which I will have CSX GE AC4400CW's pulling (They started that in 1994) or I'll "Bastardise" it as my friend at my local hobby shop says. :D
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I enjoy the updates, Chris.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

I am gonna come overa nd operate it one day... mark my words... :D

RobbyP
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by RobbyP »

looks good. I haven't touched mine in awhile. I am doing more weathering than layout right now. The only time its touched is to make sure the cars are running good before I sell them.