ATCS - CN Flint & Holly Subdivision....(Public Release)

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Unread post by conrailmike »

I'm not sure if they do or not up this way but I wouldn't want to see you put the expense into the Saginaw sub when we hardly see any traffic north of plymouth. Still, I'll look into it though. We're only 15 min south of Holly but I wish we were closer.

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Unread post by conrailmike »

Mike,

FYI someone has put together the Detroit Sub. and the Saginaw Sub. (up to South Clyde) layouts together and they are in the Yahoo group file section. But that's all there is on those divisions, as far as I can tell anyways.

odave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by odave »

Sorry, I don't have any contacts at that school - just an idea.

RoyalKingoftheRails
Railroadfan...fan

Re: ATCS - CN Flint & Holly Subdivision....(Public Release)

Unread post by RoyalKingoftheRails »

So how exactly can I get to the ATCS tracker? I'd love to track how often trains go on to the Pontiac Belt Line portion (Lake Orion Branch) could someone help me with instructions on how to download the tracker? (Also none of the links work when I click on them, I get a screen saying the following:

This site can’t be reached
Check if there is a typo in finance.groups.yahoo.com.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Re: ATCS - CN Flint & Holly Subdivision....(Public Release)

Unread post by DaveO »

First off yahoo groups went away several years ago.
Second you need to subscribe to the current group at https://groups.io/g/ATCSMonitor
Thirdly is that for there to be ATCS, there needs to be a CTC installation of which none exists on the Belt Line or the Pontiac Wye.

Coverage on the Holly Sub at Pontiac is non-existent for monitoring unless you know how to do field monitoring and are nearby.
I would say you're a few years away from having the technical ability to do field monitoring.
In summation, a nice idea but it's not possible.