Lake Orion branch active customers

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Lake Orion branch active customers

Unread post by David Collins »

Working on a video where there's a segment about the LO Branch. What customers still have rail service and how many cars do they get?

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Lake Orion branch active customers

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Isn't it just the Ferrous Processing & Trading scrapyard?
Not positive if Bolyard Lumber/Lumber Transload is that small spur off of Richard Ave or not. Here's the customer lists that should help you:
https://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php/ ... ustomers_4
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

~Z~ is correct. FP&T and Bolyard Transload are the only customers.

FP&T seems to get switched on Wednesday afternoon or evening. Bolyard seems to get its car or two whenever they arrive in Pontiac Yard.
~Z~ wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:55 pm
Isn't it just the Ferrous Processing & Trading scrapyard?
Not positive if Bolyard Lumber/Lumber Transload is that small spur off of Richard Ave or not. Here's the customer lists that should help you:
https://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php/ ... ustomers_4
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Manistique »

The GM Metal division isn't shipping scrap out any longer? I thought they expanded in size and increased their trackage in the plant to handle more gondolas a few years ago?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

GM Metal hasn't shipped scrap in many years AFAIK. They were shipping a few cars a week of finished stampings to Arlington TX up until a year or two ago. Nothing since then. Their spur remains in place but inactive.
Manistique wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:49 pm
The GM Metal division isn't shipping scrap out any longer? I thought they expanded in size and increased their trackage in the plant to handle more gondolas a few years ago?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...