Reference For Signals

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan

Reference For Signals

Unread post by blueheron13 »

I recently saw that CN now has both speed signals and route signals in Michigan, based on these pictures from Milwaukee Junction. After Googling these rule numbers I discovered a website where, if you dig around a bit, you can find tables of signal rules, aspects, names, and indications for many railroads. Here is the link:

https://signalquiz.com/
Attachments
P4210047.JPG
P4210043.JPG
Amateur railfan trying to become a real railfan since 2017.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Reference For Signals

Unread post by Saturnalia »

To add, this site also has great reference sheets for all the major rulebooks out there: https://signals.jovet.net/rules/index.html
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Man o' War »

The CN Mount Clemens sub was changed to route signalling in the past several months necessitating the replacement of many single head masts with multiple heads at many places along the line. Diverging signals at places like MOUNT siding now show red over flashing red as opposed to red over green or yellow - still in effect at HAVEN. Also new here, flashing yellow over green for diverging approach at second signal, among other changes.

Man o' War

blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by blueheron13 »

I wonder why CN changed one subdivision but left the Holly, Flint, and Shoreline the same.
Amateur railfan trying to become a real railfan since 2017.