Holly diamond traffic?

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Holly diamond traffic?

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

I will be in Holly for part of this next week for a work conference. I won’t have a lot of time for trainwatching but definitely want to take a few minutes to capture the depot in its original environment before it moves and the signals and diamond before they are some day, one day reconfigured. And if a train happens to be going by at the same time, we’ll, how nice! :lol:

Is anyone able to summarize the current traffic situation? I searched back through for Holly posts but most of what I found were references to the Holly CN Sub, not necessarily to Holly itself. And I know the Holly south of Pontiac looks different than to the north.

On the LSRC side, one manifest each way to and from Plymouth, and there’s a local turn from Flint, too, right?

On the CN side, at least a pair of manifests, a pair of containers, but are there more? Does any coal run on the CN side right now? Is Holly siding still used for meets?

Thanks!

I’ll be sure to share photos I get and will try to post train report updates when I can!

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Holly diamond traffic?

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

LSRC most likely will have…
NB Z127
SB Z127
SB coal empties
NB coal empties
Local
Not daily:
NB/SB Fertilizer train to/from Brinks
Extra rack train to-fro

CN daily:
SB L514
NB L514
NB E251
SB A450
Not daily:
SB rack train: M356/E280
NB X251
SB Q116
NB outbound for Western Canada or Chicago intermodal: Q189 or Q119

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: Holly diamond traffic?

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

This is just what I was looking for. Thank you!!