CSX Locomotive Roster News, Updates & Information Thread

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
CSXT9040
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CSX Locomotive Roster News, Updates & Information Thread

Unread post by CSXT9040 »

Doesn’t NS own the trademark for NYC, CR, and PC?
Resident GE foamer :lol:
18 year old railfan who frequently can be seen trackside around Northern Indiana.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

This would be the :shock: :shock: "Greatest!!!!" :shock: :shock: But David Collins, what kind of locomotives? What are your sources? :?: Reality! Well, CSX already has "Stickers" with predecessors! Now, I would love to see original EMD units in ChessieSeaboard/B&O/C&O etc. Then they would look "Old School!!!!"
Talk wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 2:14 pm
David Collins wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 11:59 am
These are rumors, but CSX is reportedly starting work on an EXTENSIVE heritage fleet, if all goes according to plan, there should be 25 units, road names supposedly being painted are:
B&O
GARR
B&M
RF&P
NC&STL
AWP
Monon
L&N
WM
NYC
C&O
Katy (I thought this was a UP thing)
ACL
PL&E
C&EI
PM
SAL
Clinchfield
P&NR
SCL
Penn Central
SBD family
Chessie System
CR
PAR (Pan Am Railways)

I've also been told that the units will be numbered after the years the respective railroad was founded (Example: B&O, if this happens, will be CSXT 1827)
Oh david david david...
Last edited by Robertrains on Sun May 14, 2023 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

Talk wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 2:14 pm
Oh david david david...
Just confirmed, CSX has started renumbering engines, first unit is #1827 (the year the B&O was founded). Originally CSX #3059.

Also don't talk to me like I'm a 3 year old, thanks.

Proof:
Attachments
download (1).jpg
Last edited by David Collins on Mon May 01, 2023 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Robertrains wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 3:50 pm
...But David Collins, what kind of locomotives? What are your sources?

First unit (if all goes according to plan) would be an ES44AH, CSX 1827 (nee CSX 3059), as mentioned in my previous post.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

CSXT9040 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 3:15 pm
Doesn’t NS own the trademark for NYC, CR, and PC?
CSX owns the NYC trademark and has equal rights to PC and CR. When CR was split, CSX got most of the NYC assets while NS got most of the PRR.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Yeahman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Yeahman »

Talk wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:48 pm
The world is currently burning. Millions of Lives ruined.

CSXT 3440 has lost its super duper cool stickers.
Actually, it did not. The images that showed them being removed were proven to be fake.

This was the image showing it having its stickers removed

And here is the original Facebook post of the image, which shows that they were not removed and that it was just an edited image. You can see 3440 in the top right corner in the exact same position as the photo above.

Talk
Keeps Talking

Unread post by Talk »

Yeahman wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 7:12 pm
And here is the original Facebook post of the image, which shows that they were not removed and that it was just an edited image. You can see 3440 in the top right corner in the exact same position as the photo above.
Ha! Thats the first one i fell for. Thanks for clarifying
Last edited by Talk on Wed May 24, 2023 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster

Unread post by BL2-1843 »

Photos are out. The new heritage B&O unit is for real 1827 in honor of the founding of the B&O railroad. It's the former 3059 after a repair from wreck damage, painted at Waycross.

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

BL2-1843 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:38 pm
Photos are out. The new heritage B&O unit is for real 1827 in honor of the founding of the B&O railroad. It's the former 3059 after a repair from wreck damage, painted at Waycross.
I know this sounds really picky, but I'm not a fan of it. They did match the B&O colors, which I like. But when you make a heritage unit. You paint the whole darn thing, not 3/4 of it.

That being said, I still look forward to seeing this unit and the next 24 units that are supposed to be painted.
Attachments
IMG_3880.jpg
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

David Collins wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:51 pm
BL2-1843 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:38 pm
I know this sounds really picky, but I'm not a fan of it. They did match the B&O colors, which I like. But when you make a heritage unit. You paint the whole darn thing, not 3/4 of it.

That being said, I still look forward to seeing this unit and the next 24 units that are supposed to be painted.
That is cool! NS has more accurate colors of each railroad though! This is still something to see! Actually I will be going to Fostoria, OH for Memorial weekend with "Mazon!" I have not been to Fostoria since June 29, 2013! WOW!!!! Almost 10 years! :shock: :shock: Maybe this engine (or others) will come by! I hope the Chessie is going to be fully painted! This is reminiscent of when CSX had yellow ends with "CSX" on predecessor locos like Seaboard System! :shock: I have never been to the new "Railfan Park!" It was finished in 2014!!!! What was the official opening date of it? :?: Update: I found info for when Fostoria "Railfan Park!" opened! It was November 15, 2013: http://fostoriairontriangle.com/focus.htm

:mrgreen: CSX ES44AH #1827 is now on "Heritage Units" today (May 10th, 2023....'Golden Spike' Anniversary) with no reports as of 9:30ish p.m.: https://heritageunits.com/locomotive/detail/CSXT1827

EDIT: Report (posted on H.U. after I check May 10th night) had CSXT 1827 leading train M646 north at Waycross, GA, Destination Birmingham, AL, 3:24 p.m. Amtrak Palmetto Railfan posted "Coupled up with two other CSX and a BNSF."
Last edited by Robertrains on Sun May 14, 2023 1:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Quick update on 1827: it's being rushed to an event that CSX is having and they didn't have enough time to finish the paint. Once the event is finished, the unit will get the rest of it's B&O colors.

On a side note: word is going around that the Clinchfield unit should be out next. No idea as to when it will be released or what kind of locomotive will be painted.
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

Yeahman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Yeahman »

CSX 7380 (CM44AC) has been rebuilt from CW44AC No. 480, and is now undergoing testing at Erie, PA. The reason for the different number series is that is is equipped with ACSES signal systems, which are used on lines in the Northeast in Massachusetts and on the Hudson Line. 480 was previously one of the CW44s equipped with ACSES.

Pylon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Pylon »

David Collins wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 11:39 am
Quick update on 1827: it's being rushed to an event that CSX is having and they didn't have enough time to finish the paint. Once the event is finished, the unit will get the rest of it's B&O colors.
This makes no sense though. 1827 (previously 3059 with YN3b) has a full-effort, full gloss YN3c job on the nose, complete with all the little details like the DP sticker and "watch your step" markings. Why go through all that trouble of stripping off the YN3b and putting on a full-effort YN3c job on the cab if it was just temporary and they didn't have enough time to finish the rest of the paint job?

Talk
Keeps Talking

Unread post by Talk »

CSXT MT-6 1018 scrapped in Selkirk on 5/9/23. Now only 8 ALCo-Based Locomotives Remain on roster

jmckinney314
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jmckinney314 »

The paint currently on 1827 is final, and per a comment made by Joe Hinrichs on LinkedIn, all remaining heritage locomotives will be painted similarly.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

jmckinney314 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 10:03 am
The paint currently on 1827 is final, and per a comment made by Joe Hinrichs on LinkedIn, all remaining heritage locomotives will be painted similarly.
Pylon wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 8:05 pm
David Collins wrote:
This makes no sense though. 1827 (previously 3059 with YN3b) has a full-effort, full gloss YN3c job on the nose, complete with all the little details like the DP sticker and "watch your step" markings. Why go through all that trouble of stripping off the YN3b and putting on a full-effort YN3c job on the cab if it was just temporary and they didn't have enough time to finish the rest of the paint job?
Guess this is as good as it gets! :( Heck, if they do a "Chessie" one, it would not look as good without the "C" cat logo on the nose!!!! The "CSX" does not do justice! Still something different and cool to see on the rails!!!! :shock: :!: :!: :shock:
Last edited by Robertrains on Sun May 14, 2023 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pylon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Pylon »

CSX just posted a video about 1827:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vwGxwhssBA

GC1013
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GC1013 »

Family Lines formed in around 1972 or 73
Seaboard System 1982
Hoping CSX will have two separate engines for that instead of putting both schemes on 1 engine like reported planning.
CSX need to paint their new heritage engines more throughly complete instead 2/3 done with 1/3 CSX.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Pylon wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 8:05 pm
David Collins wrote:
Pylon wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 11:48 pm
CSX just posted a video about 1827:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vwGxwhssBA
It sounds like the paint is finished! The video explains how the "Fade" paint shows modern CSX pulling behind their "Heritage!!!!" :arrow: Of course I'd rather see fully painted units like most others too!! This is what we get! Much better than nothing of course!!!!! :shock: :wink: :wink: :shock:

w3csx
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by w3csx »

I like the new heritage design. Its different then other railroads programs. it shows some originality, some dare to differentiate. Better then coping what everyone else is doing.